This article is why I hate Iowa fans so much

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
This has been disappointing. I was pumped to talk about the actual game yesterday and couldn't find anything on the front page. That's a little embarrassing. The **** Iowa thread is right up there with one of the dumbest threads ever on this board.

**** Iowa and the horse they rode in on!

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by jahfg

This has been disappointing. I was pumped to talk about the actual game yesterday and couldn't find anything on the front page. That's a little embarrassing. The **** Iowa thread is right up there with one of the dumbest threads ever on this board.

Yeah, if ****ing their fanbase doesn't make you feel better...

There are threads discussing the game and even one dedicated to hawkeyes we actually respect. You know- the kind that actually attended and admirably represented that school. Not the condescending bandwagon idiot fans.

There is literally one thread about the matchup, and it has 12 replies. Face it, guys. This site is filled with the same brainless mouthbreathers as Hawkeye Nation. You just wear different colors.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Now I have to wonder if this was written by someone I know.

Before the season all he can talk about are the new Iowa studs that he saw in practice and is hearing all about. So and So is so fast. He's going to be the best WR in Hawkeye history.

Then the week before the Iowa/ISU game he talks about how there's no way Iowa State can win the game. They don't have NFL talent on their OL or DL and the Hawks are going to run over them.

Then, when they lose, which is more often than not, he wants Ferentz fired. He wants new coordinators. "Why are they playing So and So at receiver?!?!"

Then Iowa beats Purdue, or Indiana, or Northwestern, or Minnesota, or some other ****** Big10 team later in the season, they get 7 wins from their ****** schedule and he talks about how superior Iowa is because 7-5 gets them to a January bowl game. They don't beat a single team ranked in the top 25 and suddenly they are awesome again.

The thing I hate most about this certain segment of Hawk fans is the condescension. You aren't owed anything. The reason your team loses to Iowa State is because Iowa State is better than them that year. There haven't been that many TERRIBLE Iowa State teams that have miraculously won that game.

We are actually really ****** that we've only won 5 games the last two years. But Iowa fans should be more ****** that they are paying 4 million dollars a year to barely make a bowl game against one of the easiest P5 schedules possible.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
There is literally one thread about the matchup, and it has 12 replies. Face it, guys. This site is filled with the same brainless mouthbreathers as Hawkeye Nation. You just wear different colors.

Pretty sure the thread talking about the spread had way more than 12 replies.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I don't know why you need a victory over Iowa State in order to heap condescension upon our fan base. Most Hawk fans I've encountered have never set the bar that high for themselves.

What an insecure little ****. If he doesn't have victory over the Clones, he's got nothing. Sounds a little too "Super Bowl" for my tastes.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Here's the thing, I live in Big 10 country and Iowa is THE joke of the Big 10 in every way. Their fans get ripped on by every other Big 10 fan base and they have no comeback for any of it. For example, before Nebraska, they had by far THE weakest academics in the conference (hello 48-hour admission decision). The rest of the Big 10 fan bases see Iowa as a bunch of unsophisticated country bumpkins. So what does that do to you as an Iowa fan? It makes you want to feel good about yourself. So how do you feel good about yourself? You trash talk and bash somebody you deem inferior to you. Same as when you were a kid on the playground. Iowa State fit that bill for a super long time. And for a super long time Iowa State didn't have a comeback because we WERE inferior. Over time things have changed. Iowa State of course is now competitive with Iowa and is no longer inferior. But since Iowa is still the joke of the Big 10, their fans still feel the need to bash somebody they deem inferior to them, so they stick with us. Only now we're like, whoa, slow your roll. And we present all these logical facts to back us up, like head to head record, facility upgrades, etc. Only they don't want to hear any of it. Why? Because they still need to feel good about themselves. Who else can they go after? UNI?
No, 'cuz that'd be like eating their own.

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
Never heard of this lame *** site, I refuse open this article.......

SB Nation blogs are absolute garbage (sorry WRNL). Occasionally there are some decent writers, but you have to wade through a lot of junk to find them. It's mostly just homers spouting biased, unsubstantiated opinion...and the more ridiculous, the more it's encouraged, because it's all about the clicks! It's basically Bleacher Report with team-centric subpages.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion

There is one thread discussing the line, which has gone 24 pages. There is the Campos-Ott one with 12, which I'm assuming you're referencing, there is a thread on most respected Hawk, there is a thread remembering Sash, and threads on Sam Richardson, Special Teams, and Running Game. If these are still insufficient for you, what's stopping you from creating a thread for serious football talk?

(I agree the "**** Iowa" posts are getting tiresome.)

Last edited:

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207234&page=10

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207330

Here- bump these babies. There's serious dissertation for you.

You are aware this is rivalry week, right? Maybe things would be different if their fanbase actually respected this game, but a lot of them are still living in 1986. That's where the hate comes from. An unsubstantiated superiority complex.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
We keep saying that this is one of the most winnable games on the schedule. How would you rank these? I would say this is the order of toughness from my perspective. If Iowa is as good as they looked against the first ISU, then I think they might fall below KSU on my list.

Kansas
UNI
Toledo
Iowa
Texas Tech
Texas
West Virginia
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Oklahoma
TCU
Baylor

P.S. **** Iowa

Before the first week I had Toledo ahead of Iowa after the first week it is conceivable Iowa may be better and possibly better than Texas Tech. Really too early to tell. Illinois State folded and Iowa came out on a mission and did what they should do to inferior competition. Given that I think your list looks pretty good as a power ranking of our schedule at this moment in time.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
LOL. Iowa will not even play the two best teams in the Big 10 this since OSU and MSU are not even on their schedule. Unless Wisconsin is ranked come gameday they might not play any ranked teams. It's one of several must wins this year because Iowa is an average team and beatable.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

You're right, it sucks, you should leave.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

And you've contributed 3,055 posts to this site. Good job fellow mouthbreather!

CyclonesForever

Nov 5, 2011
Ames, IA
Couldn't even get through the first paragraph. Satisfied winning only 2 games? Is that why a lot of people have been calling for Rhoads to get fired? I think most of us will say that we love beating iowa, it's awesome, but it doesn't cancel out losing 9 or 10 games in a season. Maybe if we had their schedule we'd go bowling most years and get some winning conference records. Hok fans always down play the fact that their schedule is much easier, but when they have a bad season they always start with how hard their schedule was that year.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

But it's still our Super Bowl right?

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012

To be fair if I know one thing about this game is that whatever I expect to happen based on analysis and matchup, usually it doesn't happen. With rivalry games emotions are high and that causes a lot of wierd stuff to happen, more mistakes, more outstanding performances, more choke performances. Each team will see if they can rise to the occasion and have a variety of different results from players and a little timing and luck goes a long way. Usually when I feel good about ISU winning we lay an egg and when I think we will get blown out of the water (like last year) we suprise. I feel like we are going to lose a hard fought game. So I hope that means we win a hard fought game. Also need to find a hawkeye to bet me and take the cyclones. Every time I bet against ISU in this game we have won in fact ISU is 8-0 vs. Iowa when I bet against them with a hawk, I also bet against ISU and gave 3 touchdowns when we played OSU a few years a go with a hawk, so moral of the story when hawk fans bet on the cyclones they usually win their bet! Unfortunatly all my Hawk fan friends won't bet now regardless of the points I give them ;).

IGoState

Jan 15, 2011
I did the same thing. I imagine this guy must be straight out of my West Waterloo neighborhood (growing up) and a Hawkeye Tech Grad.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron