This article is why I hate Iowa fans so much

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
That is a masterful troll job if I have ever seen one. He summed up everyone of the ISU generalizations into one, poorly formatted, blog post.
The author does summarize Hawk fans extremely well. Your fan base is delusional for thinking you are head and shoulders above ISU. 20 years ago that was the case. We have been inching closer for a long time now and as of late that gap exponentially is getting smaller. Hell, some would argue ISU and Iowa are equal now. Why all of a sudden are Hawk fans spouting their mouths about ISU? Hmm..maybe because they know ISU is on the rise and is taking over the spot as top dog university in the state? And **** Iowa.

Last edited:

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Yet they seem content paying $4 million a year for someone who dumped a turd against that putz schedule last year.

**** Iowa

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Living in the past.....

U B right..........squawkeye fans are completely living in the past because the future looks real Dim right now..........

Dreaming about big 10 titles and the rose bowl wont bring them one esp with mr harbaugh and mr meyer now at MU and TOSU.........Dream On Squawks Dream On

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
The author does summarize Hawk fans extremely well. Your fan base is delusional for thinking you are head and shoulders above ISU. 20 years ago that was the case. We have been inching closer for a long time now and as of late that gap exponentially is getting smaller. Hell, some would argue ISU and Iowa are equal now. Why all of a sudden are Hawk fans spouting their mouths about ISU? Hmm..maybe because they know ISU is on the rise and is taking over the spot as top dog university in the state?

Then they laugh incredulously at your statement as if what you're suggesting is a scientific improbability. NEVER they say:

[h=3]1. Denial and Isolation[/h]The first reaction to learning of terminal illness or death of a cherished loved one is to deny the reality of the situation. It is a normal reaction to rationalize overwhelming emotions. It is a defense mechanism that buffers the immediate shock. We block out the words and hide from the facts. This is a temporary response that carries us through the first wave of pain.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/the-5-stages-of-loss-and-grief/

Fanatic1973

Jan 29, 2015
attachment.php

I love it. I seen the game and loved his animation then. Even more now.

Reactions: CTTB78

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
The author needs physciatric help. I almost for the most impor thing, **** Iowa!

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
I realize this isn't going to be remotely popular in this thread and on this board, but here goes. I spend a bunch of time on Hawkeye boards, coming over here just before the football and basketball games to get a sense of the feelings of Cyclone fans on their teams. I don't talk trash and I enjoy a respectful discussion of the games.

Almost all of the posters on the Hawkeye boards do not have the same attitude that this random blogger seems to have. Do most Hawkeye fans believe we should have won the game last year? Absolutely!! That's simply being a fan. There has been a discussion on Hawkeyereport about the future of Rhodes, but it focuses on how long he can survive when most of his major accomplishments have been wins over Iowa. That's a fair discussion. There has also been a considerable amount of preview on the game, with many of the predictions, maybe 50% picking the Clones.

I guess my point is that there is a bunch of hate on this board on Iowa. I get it. Rivals and all that. My question would be, do you even care about the game? Little discussion. Almost no analysis and game preview. You have a multiple page thread that seems to be primarily aimed at hurling obscenities at Iowa and its fans. Really?

This has been disappointing. I was pumped to talk about the actual game yesterday and couldn't find anything on the front page. That's a little embarrassing. The **** Iowa thread is right up there with one of the dumbest threads ever on this board.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Most Hawk fans don't realize how much their incredibly easy schedule the last 2-3 years has masked how just bad they really are. And then they buy into all the hype that Dolphin and Jon Miller spew.

I'm not sure weather to despise them or feel sorry for them.

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
I hate Iowa fans for many a reason. But most recently it would have to be last season when some random person in my office decided to leave Iowa printouts taped everywhere in my cube when I was out of the office the weekend of the game. Keep in mind I don't live in Iowa or anywhere close. I also have no idea who it was because they clearly never support their team publicly. Funny too given that after we beat their ***** in football and basketball they never once came over to say anything....

Raymeus

Nov 8, 2006
Here's the thing, I live in Big 10 country and Iowa is THE joke of the Big 10 in every way. Their fans get ripped on by every other Big 10 fan base and they have no comeback for any of it. For example, before Nebraska, they had by far THE weakest academics in the conference (hello 48-hour admission decision). The rest of the Big 10 fan bases see Iowa as a bunch of unsophisticated country bumpkins. So what does that do to you as an Iowa fan? It makes you want to feel good about yourself. So how do you feel good about yourself? You trash talk and bash somebody you deem inferior to you (same as when you were a kid on the playground). Iowa State fit that bill for a super long time. And for a super long time Iowa State didn't have a comeback because we WERE inferior. Over time things have changed. Iowa State of course is now competitive with Iowa and is no longer inferior. But since Iowa is still the joke of the Big 10, their fans still feel the need to bash somebody they deem inferior to them, so they stick with us. Only now we're like, whoa, slow your roll. And we present all these logical facts to back us up, like head to head record, facility upgrades, etc. Only they don't want to hear any of it. Why? Because they still need to feel good about themselves. Who else can they go after? UNI?

Last edited:

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
This has been disappointing. I was pumped to talk about the actual game yesterday and couldn't find anything on the front page. That's a little embarrassing. The **** Iowa thread is right up there with one of the dumbest threads ever on this board.

You're right, I blame Iowa. **** them.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

Seems like that is a *you* problem.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That is a masterful troll job if I have ever seen one. He summed up everyone of the ISU generalizations into one, poorly formatted, blog post.

I thought that at first until I read all the way through it but I really think this guy wants Rhoads fired and believed everything he said

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by jahfg

Seems like that is a *you* problem.

Yeah, if ****ing their fanbase doesn't make you feel better...

There are threads discussing the game and even one dedicated to hawkeyes we actually respect. You know- the kind that actually attended and admirably represented that school. Not the condescending bandwagon idiot fans.

Help Support Us

Become a patron