Thank you ISU

Capello

Sep 21, 2010
I guess by now anyone who cares knows that James has decided to leave ISU. And I do mean JAMES decided. First of all let me brag about the maturity he displayed in making this tough decision to leave a great school and the Big 12. Our family will miss the great people we met in Iowa, but friendships will be there after football is over. James is a competitor and wanted to play now so I guess he thought the best thing would be to transfer now to a small school. Tiffin University just brought in a new coach from New Mexico University to turn their program around, which has not been very sucessful lately. They do not give full scholarships but the coach went to the President and said James could be a program changer so the President authorized a full ride. We also met with the President, which is very unusual. No- Tiffin isn't ISU, which makes James' decision even more impressive. He could have stayed at ISU and bragged that he is in the D-1, Big 12 or go to a small school and play. They run the exact offense we ran in H.S. "Air Raid" so James should pick it up pretty quick. Anyway my point is that we are thankful to ISU for giving James the opportunity to be a part of a great program with great fans and coaches. We have no complaints about anyone. I apologize if I offended anyone by posting on here; especially Cydude16. I'm sorry-just a proud Dad. I would like to still follow ISU if that is okay. I wish the best to all the players and the fans. We love you all. So as much as it hurts, we must say goodbye. Hope to be watching ISU on New Year's Day. Good luck and God Bless. Tom Capello

Last edited by a moderator:

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
Good luck to your son. I'm sure all Cyclone fans wish him the very best.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Sorry things didn't work out here, but best of luck to James in the future.

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
Good Luck to your sons and all I can say is that this was an extremely classy post by a very proud dad! James made a very mature decision and one that obviously makes sense when he wants to play right away.

Reactions: Cyclonestate78

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Good luck to James! Selfishly, I would have liked to see him stay, but I can completely understand the decision he made.

And I appreciate your posts on this board. It's not easy being a family member and reading some of things that are written.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
I guess by now anyone who cares knows that James has decided to leave ISU. And I do mean JAMES decided. First of all let me brag about the maturity he displayed in making this tough decision to leave a great school and the Big 12. Our family will miss the great people we met in Iowa, but friendships will be there after football is over. James is a competitor and wanted to play now so I guess he thought the best thing would be to transfer now to a small school. Tiffin University just brought in a new coach from New Mexico University to turn their program around, which has not been very sucessful lately. They do not give full scholarships but the coach went to the President and said James could be a program changer so the President authorized a full ride. We also met with the President, which is very unusual. No- Tiffin isn't ISU, which makes James' decision even more impressive. He could have stayed at ISU and bragged that he is in the D-1, Big 12 or go to a small school and play. They run the exact offense we ran in H.S. "Air Raid" so James should pick it up pretty quick. Anyway my point is that we are thankful to ISU for giving James the opportunity to be a part of a great program with great fans and coaches. We have no complaints about anyone. I apologize if I offended anyone by posting on here; especially Cydude16. I'm sorry-just a proud Dad. I would like to still follow ISU if that is okay. I wish the best to all the players and the fans. We love you all. So as much as it hurts, we must say goodbye. Hope to be watching ISU on New Year's Day. Good luck and God Bless. Tom Capello

Once a Clone, always a Clone.(Except for some) Best of luck to James.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Just want to say that James did things the right way. He competed hard and gave it his best shot. I can understand his wish to be a starting QB and it appeared that at ISU that it would be an uphill struggle.

He stuck it out through spring ball. He finished up the school year. And James leaves on good terms. For any others out there, James did his transfer the RIGHT way. Phil Bates, did you hear that???

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Tom, you have had some great posts on here. Hopefully you will continue to do that in the future.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
Kind regards to you and your family, Mr. Capello.

I am sad to lose him. Hope James shatters the record books and becomes an important part of Tiffin's history.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Good luck to James and your family. Feel free to post updates on how his season is going. Every week if you want. We'll be rooting for him.

FootballinTexas

Aug 2, 2009
Thanks goes to your entire family for James' hard work that he put in here at ISU. I can guarantee that his contributions this helped push all of the QB's this spring. I met your family during the final three spring practices and have had the opportunity to spend some time with James throughout the year. Your entire family are a class act and James will be missed. I wish him the best and you are Cyclones for life!

ALLinCyclone

Apr 20, 2011
Cedar Falls
Very classy post. Im sure most people appreciate his desire to play the game that he loves and don't fault him for it. Would enjoy any updates on how his career progresses in the future. Wish him Luck from cyclone nation!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron