Texas at Iowa State predictions.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Great point. I think some of that can be seen in the complacency with the upper deck sections cheering at Hilton right now, too. Most people (at least in my section) seem to be content to sit on their hands and don't worry about cheering. Maybe they feel the team is so good they don't need to provide that extra lift and support that Hilton always used to?

I feel like some of the past few games have had complacent crowds. Hope the crowd gets back up for it for Tuesday's big game! We're going to need it.

Go State! I am ecstatic with 19 - 5 right now!

Well, TCU and TTU are not going to get people going crazy. If not for Ejim going off that game was pretty boring.

CysEyesVet

Jan 25, 2013
Huge home game for us and at Hilton...

Iowa State 83
Texas 77

We played Texas very close last time, we just got out-hustled toward the end and ran out of gas. I think we have this one in a close game!

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Huge home game for us and at Hilton...

Iowa State 83
Texas 77

We played Texas very close last time, we just got out-hustled toward the end and ran out of gas. I think we have this one in a close game!
Very fair analysis. We lost by 5 the first time and if I remember correctly we really didn't play that well. I see this team playing to make a statement against Texas as they might be the last ranked team we'll get at home for the rest of the season. I see the Cyclones winning a close game by 4-8 points or ISU losing a heart breaker..but hopefully it is the first choice!

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013
I am guessing Ridley and Holmes will go off, Niang and Ejim will get into foul trouble, but the team will find a way to win, either b/c Long and Morris will hit a higher % of 3's, or Houge and Kane will carry the team.

I would say ISU in a very tight game, which for us fans will not be fun to watch, but being at Hilton, we should get the win.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Very fair analysis. We lost by 5 the first time and if I remember correctly we really didn't play that well. I see this team playing to make a statement against Texas as they might be the last ranked team we'll get at home for the rest of the season. I see the Cyclones winning a close game by 4-8 points or ISU losing a heart breaker..but hopefully it is the first choice!

Led most of the way to the 16:00 of the 2nd half, then got down by ten or so and clawed our way back to 4 before losing by 10 on mostly free throws in the final minute.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
No idea what the score will be but until a team not named Kansas comes in and beats us at Hilton which hasn't happened in nearly 2 years, I'll predict an ISU victory.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
We played Texas very close last time, we just got out-hustled toward the end and ran out of gas.

This will be a very interesting game from the stamina standpoint. UT has 9 players averaging over 10 minutes per game in conference, and a 10th player who is averaging 9 minutes per game. ISU has 7 players averaging over 10 minutes a game. For UT, the lower minute guys aren't huge scoring contributors, but they appear to players capable of holding their own. Can Barnes find a way to capitalize on his depth?

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
-Naz/Matt needs to hit shots and Hogue/Ejim need to keep Ridley and Holmes off the glass.

-Our students need to cheer much louder, as against Tech you could barely hear them on opponents FT's and it didn't seem to affect them at all. Texas is 67% from the line, so this will be very important.

-With that being said, I will say ISU by 5. Hopefully the guys come ready to play and fans cheer loudly. Niang, Ejim and Hogue need to stay out of foul trouble. This is a huge game that we definitely NEED! With the conference race like it is, this game will help ISU to a possible 2 seed for the conference tourney.

Last edited:

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I posted this in another thread, but this is semi relevant for B12 standings purposes in regards to Texas:

Three things need to happen to jump UT. 2 are very likely IMO. Those would put us at dead even in the standings. The 3rd is tougher.

1. We beat them at home.
2. They lose @KU
3. They drop one more game of @OU, @TTech, vs WVU, vs BU, vs TCU than we do vs WVU, vs OSU, @TCU, @BU, & @KSU.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
78-70 Texas. Ridley and Holmes are too tough to handle inside and Taylor follows the game plan set forth by Staten @West Virginia. If ISU can get Ridley in early foul trouble or hit an unusually high percentage of threes they can pull out a win. Texas just isn't a very good match up for ISU.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
In the immortal words of Johnny O., "It's gonna be a dinger coach."

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
78-70 Texas. Ridley and Holmes are too tough to handle inside and Taylor follows the game plan set forth by Staten @West Virginia. If ISU can get Ridley in early foul trouble or hit an unusually high percentage of threes they can pull out a win. Texas just isn't a very good match up for ISU.

I don't think so. Look at the last game at Texas. ISU didn't play well on offense at all and turned the ball over like crazy and they were down 4 with a minute left. I think they actually out rebounded Texas as well.

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Hope we can pull out the "W" but really hope we don't have one of those games where we have too many guys playing "hero ball" and turning it over too much. I like our odds of pulling it out giving its at Hilton but I'm predicting boarderline cardiac arrest through the majority of the game.

What are the thoughts on if Percy sees much playing time in this game? May be huge if he can give us some good minutes and provide a bigger body on Ridley down low.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa

Tend to lean towards this. Hopefully a hostile environment helps our cause and the shots fall for us.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I don't think so. Look at the last game at Texas. ISU didn't play well on offense at all and turned the ball over like crazy and they were down 4 with a minute left. I think they actually out rebounded Texas as well.

Texas killed us on the boards in the second half. Big reason why we lost.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron