Tap Rooms Iowa

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
Any news on kinship?

Hoping someone good takes over that spot
That rent has to be insane. Can’t say I was surprised when they closed down. Only brewery in Iowa that makes sense to me would be Toppling, but they wouldn’t do that.

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
That rent has to be insane. Can’t say I was surprised when they closed down. Only brewery in Iowa that makes sense to me would be Toppling, but they wouldn’t do that.
Toppling is planning to build in the Drake neighborhood

Haven’t seen any updates on that recently either but I think the timeline was 2025

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
pipe dream but would love if someone like Surly or Boulevard would take it over and make it a tap room, of sorts

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Going to make my yearly trip to the CR area to check out a few places.

Planning on checking out Field Day in North Liberty for the first time, drive to CR and drop off the car, and go to Lion Bridge and Clock House. Not sure on dinner but will probably go to Need Pizza since it's walking distance to the hotel. Excited to check out Field Day, I've heard great things.
I recommend checking out The Map Room. It’s a cool little bar/restaurant with good food and beer on 3rd. If you like a good Italian beef then go to Gianna’s also on 3rd.

troutslayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2011
From the outside looking in, that place was poorly managed. They started off really strong but at one point their food menu, which was pretty good, totally changed and the food was awful. From what I understand, they lost their first chef and struggled with finding someone who knew what they were doing in the kitchen, along with what appeared to be staffing issues. IMO the beer wasn't good enough to carry it on its own. It's too bad because they were right on the bike trail, had a fantastic outdoor space, and a dog park.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I recommend checking out The Map Room. It’s a cool little bar/restaurant with good food and beer on 3rd. If you like a good Italian beef then go to Gianna’s also on 3rd.
Yes, we've been there and liked it. The last time we went, the next day pretty much everything shut down because of covid. It was the last time we ate out for months.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Field Day had some excellent beer. The Lion Bridge tap list kind of sucked. Clock house continues to be the best beer in the area IMO.

On a side note, there are few things better than watching the cyclones win, while in hawkeye country.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron