Tap Rooms Iowa

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
It seems like it'd be a great opportunity if any other existing breweries in the state are looking to add a Des Moines location.

It’s a ways out there so you need good food and beer to make it (like Barntown). Also, you can’t be closed on Sunday afternoons in the spring and late summer.

• Agree
Reactions: baller21

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
My office closes early on Fridays in the summer so I biked there quite a few times on Friday afternoons and I still would almost miss the turn.

I don't know why the didn't put a small sign on the trail, unless the racoon trail board wouldn't let them.

I was referring to driving there. You kind of go through a neighborhood and for a while GPS didn't work well since that's all new out there. That's not so much their fault though.
Of course it's their fault. They chose a location a stones throw from nowhere.

• Agree
Reactions: beentherebefore

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Wife and I celebrated a 'good news' doctors appointment in Iowa City by stopping at the Big Grove taproom in Solon on the way home to Dubuque. I enjoyed a couple of good beers, but more importantly wanted to drop a post in here to recommend their food. Holy cow, I have never had such good Korean BBQ wings. And they were huge. We decided we'd most likely be making trips back in the future for the food alone. The beer was just a nice bonus.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009

smart use of space.

related:
....man i miss Lincoln Wine Bar pizza.
Same thing Firetrucker did in Ankeny. I think they should have more of the old fire station memorabilia personally but love the reused spaces like that way more than strip mall type places.

Reactions: Messi

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
Didn’t Amber Alexander work for them after she left WHO-TV weather as like a community relations person?
Hopefully her maternity leave was paid out through an insurance company and not paid by Kinship.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020

smart use of space.

related:
....man i miss Lincoln Wine Bar pizza.
Pal, you gotta make a note like *because I don't live there any more*. Got me doing google searches making sure they didn't close down. I think one of the people involved also has a side business making bread/bagels and they're phenomenal as well.

Reactions: Messi

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Lots of successful, well run businesses close for 5 months

View attachment 120254

doubt-press-x.gif

yeah, they gone.

• Agree
Reactions: CyDegen and Messi

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Going to make my yearly trip to the CR area to check out a few places.

Planning on checking out Field Day in North Liberty for the first time, drive to CR and drop off the car, and go to Lion Bridge and Clock House. Not sure on dinner but will probably go to Need Pizza since it's walking distance to the hotel. Excited to check out Field Day, I've heard great things.

Reactions: Cytown12

CivEFootball

Sep 16, 2010

Planning on checking out Field Day in North Liberty for the first time, drive to CR and drop off the car, and go to Lion Bridge and Clock House. Not sure on dinner but will probably go to Need Pizza since it's walking distance to the hotel. Excited to check out Field Day, I've heard great things.
Quarter Barrel for pizza and even more beer. 4 blocks east of Need Pizza. Beer they served matches this thread.

Reactions: Cytown12

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017

Field Day is a great spot for both beer and food. Your hotel will be close to Big Grove too.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron