Tap Rooms Iowa

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020

I take it back - they are in big trouble. Owe $6 million and in bank foreclosure.
The delusion of the owner is disgusting. He's got employees who haven't been paid for two months now and he's still got his head up his ass thinking he's going to turn this thing around. For how much they spent on the taproom, they never gave a reason to make the drive to visit.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I went there a year or so ago and I was troubling them to buy some beer. The beer was just okay, but I was never going to go back to them. or buy their products again.

Glad to see my boycott worked! :jimlad:

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
It seems like it'd be a great opportunity if any other existing breweries in the state are looking to add a Des Moines location.
The building and outdoor space is really cool, but I don't think the location is very good.
More houses have been built now, but there's still not much out there around it.
Plus it's kind of confusing to get to.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Not being open on Sundays on a bike trail was all I needed to know about this place. Stopped in once and it was not a good experience and never went back.

Have ridden past it many of Sunday afternoons on my bike and we always discuss how much revenue they are giving up solely based on being closed. That signaled to me that place was never truly serious about becoming a staple in the metro.

Not surprised to see what spot it’s currently in.

• Winner
Reactions: Messi

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
The building and outdoor space is really cool, but I don't think the location is very good.
More houses have been built now, but there's still not much out there around it.
Plus it's kind of confusing to get to.
Agreed. It always snuck up on me on the trail as it wasn’t truly obvious how to get to it if not looking for it.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Agreed. It always snuck up on me on the trail as it wasn’t truly obvious how to get to it if not looking for it.
My office closes early on Fridays in the summer so I biked there quite a few times on Friday afternoons and I still would almost miss the turn.

I don't know why the didn't put a small sign on the trail, unless the racoon trail board wouldn't let them.

I was referring to driving there. You kind of go through a neighborhood and for a while GPS didn't work well since that's all new out there. That's not so much their fault though.

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
I’ve never had Kinship beer, and I’ve never seen a positive comment about it

There are so many ACTUALLY great options for Iowa beer, there's zero reason for me to bother trying Kinship beer. It's worked out exactly like I expected.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
The spot they have planned in Drake neighborhood is 15k sq Ft. Kinship is like 12k. Smaller, yes but not crazy
How much of the 12k at Kinship is used for brewing? Not sure if TG will be doing any brewing in DM or not.

I haven’t actually seen any plans for the new space. Is it just one level? The taproom in Decorah is massive and there’s way more people in Des Moines so I figured it would be pretty big.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron