Survivor: Game Changers

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Is that the first time someone has been sent home without having to write a vote? Agree with all the sentiments echoed here. That was pathetic.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Is that the first time someone has been sent home without having to write a vote? Agree with all the sentiments echoed here. That was pathetic.

What's really pathetic is that I actually created a Twitter account with the sole purpose of tweeting at that doosher, after I Googled him and saw his twitter feed filled with supportive messages about how people are standing by him. That whole thing tonight really pissed me off. Then my daughter told me my efforts would be fruitless unless he retweeted, which obviously he wouldn't. I'm clueless on social media. So that ****** is just retweeting messages of people who have his back. What a prick.

• Informative
Reactions: cyinne

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I sat there slackjawed last night. Then was both livid at Varner and at the same time felt so sad for Zeke. The look on his face was just one I can't forget. It's disgusting what Varner did and yeah he apologized but it still happened and I am not sure I could forgive him.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I thought it was interesting how Varner kept referring to it as deceiving everyone. Even after he was called out about it and saying he was sorry he referred to it as deceiving again.
I think he was still scrambling to salvage his reputation after his poor choice until Jeff finally asked "do we need to vote". What will be telling is the contact between him & Zeke, after the eventual winner is crowned. Personally, I think if Zeke forgives Varner, the rest of us should take our cue from him (Zeke).

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Varner tried saying it was heat of the moment and he didn't mean it to be malicious. He was running around all day telling everyone "there's something you don't know about Zeke." That shows pre-meditation, imo. If I was Varner, I might have put a gun in my mouth after watching last night's episode.

Pulling hard for the CR girl, Sarah!

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Varner tried saying it was heat of the moment and he didn't mean it to be malicious. He was running around all day telling everyone "there's something you don't know about Zeke." That shows pre-meditation, imo. If I was Varner, I might have put a gun in my mouth after watching last night's episode.

Pulling hard for the CR girl, Sarah!

She's from Cedar Rapids?!

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Please tell me this whole episode was not scripted? Using the word "metamorphosis" in the challenge? My wife and I thought something was up when they went to tribal with 20 minutes left in the show. Wow!! This guy better move to the island and take up residence!!

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Please tell me this whole episode was not scripted? Using the word "metamorphosis" in the challenge? My wife and I thought something was up when they went to tribal with 20 minutes left in the show. Wow!! This guy better move to the island and take up residence!!
The time in council is due to editing. When the council is more entertaining than the scrambling around camp, they're going to give it more airtime.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I'm actually impressed (probably the wrong word) that Varner figured it out, but I also listen to a podcast that said some of this information/whispers were already out there. Since Zeke was there last season, Varner wouldn't have known him before.

Varner bascially stated it as a fact, but I don't think he'd confronted Zeke about it before Tribal Council. I guess I'm in Sarah's boat that I had zero clue and it was just surreal that he 1. knew and 2. was so certain that he called him out on national tv. I assume since he's gay and said he works/interacts with trans folks on a regular basis that he's able to pick up on this, or wtf am I missing in how this went down?

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO

Yeah, I kinda had the same reaction with that "coincidence".

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I'm actually impressed (probably the wrong word) that Varner figured it out, but I also listen to a podcast that said some of this information/whispers were already out there. Since Zeke was there last season, Varner wouldn't have known him before.

Varner bascially stated it as a fact, but I don't think he'd confronted Zeke about it before Tribal Council. I guess I'm in Sarah's boat that I had zero clue and it was just surreal that he 1. knew and 2. was so certain that he called him out on national tv. I assume since he's gay and said he works/interacts with trans folks on a regular basis that he's able to pick up on this, or wtf am I missing in how this went down?
Varner mentioned that he & Zeke had "connected" and had had a number of private conversations. Zeke might have told him, or he might have intuited it. Zeke would have been surprised either way...because I have no doubt that if he DID tell Varner, he did so expecting it to be kept in confidence.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Varner mentioned that he & Zeke had "connected" and had had a number of private conversations. Zeke might have told him, or he might have intuited it. Zeke would have been surprised either way...because I have no doubt that if he DID tell Varner, he did so expecting it to be kept in confidence.

I don't think Zeke told him. I found this article, which sheds a bit of light on it I guess.

But then alliances shifted and Varner began to feel like his back was up against the wall. Midway through the episode, he suggested that he might have an ace-in-the-hole: “I know something about Zeke that nobody else knows.” (In a February interview with XFinity, Varner said, “Zeke, when I first saw him I thought, that’s a lesbian with a mustache.”) A few minutes later at the tribal council, it became tragically apparent what exactly Varner thought he knew about Smith.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-zeke-smith-outed-on-national-television.html

• Informative
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Zeke was on CBS' daytime show The Talk today in person talking about what happened. I can't remember everything he said but he did say that when Varner said it, the look on Jeff Probst's face was blank and he said he turned his head away from the tribe which he never does and basically looked the crew as if to day 'what the eff do we do here?'. It sounds like they edited quite a bit out of that tribal including Zeke leaving the set to get himself composed before going back there to finish.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Watched this episode last night and not sure what Varner was thinking when he did that and that pretty much sealed his fate when he did. My biggest question going forward is how do they deal with the elephant in the room. Do they move on like nothing happened or does it helps Zeke's game now that everyone has an emotional tie with him. Zeke is a very strategic and cutthroat player who makes bold and calculated moves and now he has everyone sympathizing with him for what Varner did. The merge will shake things up some and with this being tabbed the Game Changer season tribal should be interesting every week. Tai has 2 idols and Troyzan has 1 so there is all kinds of scenarios where playing an idol could change the game up.

Clones32

Mar 5, 2013
0% chance it was scripted. Unless you think the producers somehow gave the other tribe an advantage in the challenge. Zeke's tribe is the physically superior tribe and had the lead going into to the puzzle, so if you think it was scripted then you must think the producers gave the answer to the puzzle right? Plus the challenges are all planned and in the process of being set up before the season starts, especially for a challenge that early in the game.