Student Section

gadkins

Dec 28, 2013
I think one of the reasons that it hasn't been as intense is because of how the let in is set up this year. Being able to pack the steps on the north side and rush in got everyone's blood rushing, ready to yell. Standing nearly single file and getting let in 2 hours early is honestly what is the problem. If I'm not there at least 4-5 hours early I don't get to sit where I want to, and if I don't get that I honestly don't care where I sit and I will show up a half hour before tip and sit in the upper deck. The atmosphere that occurred in the past outside the doors was what helped get everyone pumped up before the game.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I think one of the reasons that it hasn't been as intense is because of how the let in is set up this year. Being able to pack the steps on the north side and rush in got everyone's blood rushing, ready to yell. Standing nearly single file and getting let in 2 hours early is honestly what is the problem. If I'm not there at least 4-5 hours early I don't get to sit where I want to, and if I don't get that I honestly don't care where I sit and I will show up a half hour before tip and sit in the upper deck. The atmosphere that occurred in the past outside the doors was what helped get everyone pumped up before the game.

This is another point. Although I know it isnt the biggest reason, it seems like in previous years that the students would get 'warmed' up waiting for the game with the old system. With this system, it seems everyone is calm and relaxed and not getting ready for the game.

SpiderClone

Jan 17, 2014
Sounds like nearly the entire upper deck for students is empty with 15 minutes to tip. That's just sad.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Time to start calling out cyclone alley on social media...they are always on it at the game so they should respon.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Pathetic showing from the students, as someone who went to many upon many games during school under McDermott, it's appalling.

Last edited:

CySanka3

Jan 15, 2014
Chicago
After watching multiple games on TV and looking at our student section got me thinking. I know ISU has a larger male population but you would think we were an all boys school at some of these games.

SpiderClone

Jan 17, 2014
After watching multiple games on TV and looking at our student section got me thinking. I know ISU has a larger male population but you would think we were an all boys school at some of these games.
So you're saying we should specifically be angry at the girl students of ISU?

Now this I can get behind!

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

Being a graduate of Iowa State, I can assure you I didn't go there for the girl-to-guy ratio.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
How did they sell tickets for the Baylor game 2 years ago? They need to do that again for the rest of the season. Screw the students, they're not going to show up anyways.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I can't believe the attendace for students. Balcony student seats need to go. Let the students cram in for the kansas and iowa game and ***** about being turned away.