Star Wars Expanded Universe Thread

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Like the trailer, but early on in the trailer, since when did the Star Wars have pretty much AK-47s in it???
Classic ballistic weapons, or slug throwers as they have been referred to in older books, have existed in the SW universe for some time. They were considered inferior to a blaster, but in this case it was probably all they could get their hands on. Funnily enough, storm trooper armor is supposed to be more effective against slugs and other primitive weapons. That's why any time the Rebels managed to get their hands on a crate of blasters, it was a big deal as we've see how ineffective that armor is against them.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Classic ballistic weapons, or slug throwers as they have been referred to in older books, have existed in the SW universe for some time. They were considered inferior to a blaster, but in this case it was probably all they could get their hands on. Funnily enough, storm trooper armor is supposed to be more effective against slugs and other primitive weapons. That's why any time the Rebels managed to get their hands on a crate of blasters, it was a big deal as we've see how ineffective that armor is against them.
Not only is it canon, but aesthetically it's pretty consistent as pretty much all of the blasters in the OT are modified versions of real guns.

• Agree
Reactions: mramseyISU

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
New trailer for Andor dropped today and it is visually stunning! More please.

This is the story in all of Star Wars that interests me the most. The birth of the uprising. Clear good versus bad. I'm SOO pumped for this one!

Luna was awesome in Rogue One so my hopes are likely getting too high here. 12 episodes is great. The 6 in Obi Won was such a letdown... You can barely tell a good story in 6 episodes

Reactions: NorthCyd

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Please just let it go Rian. Love your non-Star Wars movies but never want to see another Star Wars movie from you again. Just go and do what you do best by making original movies. I will go out and see them.

Last edited:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I love Johnson and what he did in the SW universe. I don’t think the fans will give him a chance so I think he should move on.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
giphy.gif

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Anybody seen any of Andor yet? Man, we've got so many big series going on right now and I'm struggling majorly to keep up with it all. It didn't help that I was gone all last week on vacation. Of anyone, I'm usually one of the more on top of all the big-time ongoing shows, but I'm feeling lightyears behind right now. Just too much goodness, so who am I to complain? It just may be a good week or so before I actually watch Andor myself.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Totally watching tonight, at least one episode anyway. I liked the headline of one review "It's like Star Wars with the serial numbers filed off".

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
i plan to watch it this weekend. probably friday.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Just got through episode one. Whew that was boring as hell for me anyway. Still think it will pick up so will see how episode 2 and 3 go.

Cassian is still fantastic though and I love that character.

• Agree

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
1 down, 2 to go. I’m on board, I’m fine with a big episode of character building if it pays off and they can get you invested in those characters.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
First 3 were good. First 2 were definitely slow but I'm excited to see where this is going. Unlike any other Star Wars thing I've seen, but in a good way. Really well done overall. Skarsgard and Luna are going to be great together on this show.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Anybody seen any of Andor yet? Man, we've got so many big series going on right now and I'm struggling majorly to keep up with it all. It didn't help that I was gone all last week on vacation. Of anyone, I'm usually one of the more on top of all the big-time ongoing shows, but I'm feeling lightyears behind right now. Just too much goodness, so who am I to complain? It just may be a good week or so before I actually watch Andor myself.
I'm definitely struggling, too. Between HotD, RoP, She-Hulk and now Andor, it's a lot. So far, I think RoP is the one I'm least invested in. It's not a dig at the show, I'm just not familiar with the source material beyond Jackson's LotR trilogy, and She-Hulk, while not as strong of a show, provides a necessary tonal break in a sea of very serious fantasy/sci-fi content. I've loved every second of HotD and I'm very excited to see where Andor goes from these first three episodes, which have me completely hooked.

Reactions: Triggermv

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
I'm definitely struggling, too. Between HotD, RoP, She-Hulk and now Andor, it's a lot. So far, I think RoP is the one I'm least invested in. It's not a dig at the show, I'm just not familiar with the source material beyond Jackson's LotR trilogy, and She-Hulk, while not as strong of a show, provides a necessary tonal break in a sea of very serious fantasy/sci-fi content. I've loved every second of HotD and I'm very excited to see where Andor goes from these first three episodes, which have me completely hooked.
WTF do these stand for?

Did you see what I did there?

• Agree

Help Support Us

Become a patron