Star Wars Expanded Universe Thread

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
The Mandalorian officially premieres on October 30th. The countdown begins.

tenor.gif

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The Mandalorian officially premieres on October 30th. The countdown begins.

Its silly how excited this announcement makes me, but there hasn't been that much to get excited about lately.

I was wondering/hoping the marching band might do some arrangement of the theme song this fall for football games either at halftime or just as a regular quick thing they play all the time. I'll probably have to wait a year for that.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Rey Kenobi! I was hoping this would be the case after TFA but for whatever reason Rian Johnson de-railed that plan and we got grand-daughter Palpatine instead.. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...reveals-original-rey-kenobi-plot-in-star-wars

It's much worse than that actually - during most of the filming she didn't know if she was a Palpatine or not. She didn't know how to act it. I think her being a Kenobi is just as dumb as her being a Palpatine. Ultimately I think so much of the blame for this resides with the people at Lucasfilm for not having a plan and executing it.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
It's much worse than that actually - during most of the filming she didn't know if she was a Palpatine or not. She didn't know how to act it. I think her being a Kenobi is just as dumb as her being a Palpatine. Ultimately I think so much of the blame for this resides with the people at Lucasfilm for not having a plan and executing it.

Agree they should have known how the trilogy was going to play out and force the directors to hit the important points. Give them the freedom on how to get there. Not just let them do whatever they want as the make the movie.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Agree they should have known how the trilogy was going to play out and force the directors to hit the important points. Give them the freedom on how to get there. Not just let them do whatever they want as the make the movie.

Everyone can knock the prequels all they want, even though I've grown in appreciation for them over the years, but one thing they absolutely cannot knock George Lucas for was that he clearly had a concise plan for the trilogy throughout. In fact, that overarching story is probably the strongest part of the prequels.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
So is the mysterious female in the robe Ahsoka or Sabine or someone else? Doesn't look like Rosario Dawson so I'm guessing Sabine.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
So is the mysterious female in the robe Ahsoka or Sabine or someone else? Doesn't look like Rosario Dawson so I'm guessing Sabine.

I'm pretty sure it is Rosario, and she is shown as they are talking about the order of sorcerers called Jedi. I would bet it is Ahsoka.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
THIS IS THE WAY
great series, better than any of the movies imo
although i think Disney is a complete loser of a company I think I will sign up for a month this winter

Help Support Us

Become a patron