STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
This will be a 5 or 6 man class for Iowa and even with XF is a mitigated disaster..

we are not done by any means.. would not surprise me at all to see us sneak in a mid year transfer..

don’t forget we have a sit out in Javon Johnson right now who will play a major role next year as well with 3 years left..

It’s mind boggling to think that the number of high major offers in the current Iowa class is 1, and that’s if you consider a possible DePaul offer one from a high major.

I have no problem with whatever the young man decides to do, but if Iowa were his choice all along, then it makes no sense not to commit early and try to bring in some other better recruits.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Easier path to playing time

I think that is a factor, especially with Conditt starting to play so well. He's better than Foster right now and he'll be even better by the start of the season next year so Foster not as likely to start vs playing at Iowa.

All of the arguments re: which team puts more players in the NBA, etc. don't really matter that much when you look at the recent research on decision making including brain imaging studies. People make decisions based primarily on emotional reasons and then select the facts that support their rationalization of that decision. Foster has had an emotional connection wased onith Iowa since he was a kid so difficult to overcome that. How many Iowa football players are playing for ISU because they grew up ISU fans? For that matter, would Conditt have come to Ames if he didn't have an emotional connection because his Dad played here?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I have no problem with whatever the young man decides to do, but if Iowa were his choice all along, then it makes no sense not to commit early and try to bring in some other better recruits.

So much this. I'm pretty confident he's known where he was going for a long time. Which is why I said we may have dodged a bullet.

isu83

May 5, 2010
It’s obvious the staff want him. So if they see something in him I want him. It he does go to Iowa my hat off to iowa. It does no one any good to bash him or twins or whoever. We’ve always done well with guys from out of state and will have to continue this at the present. Good luck to foster whatever he chooses. And beat Iowa.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
It’s obvious the staff want him. So if they see something in him I want him.
Of course they wanted him, he’d be a good player under this staff. He’d be an important type of asset imo.

I’m not sure that’s true at Iowa, but I also don’t care. He’ll largely be irrelevant there imo, so if we’re going to lose a recruit to a program, better Iowa than others.

Good luck to Xavier.

Reactions: isu83

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Pretty sure CyTwins just gets his info from 247 and pretends it’s his. At least that’s my suspicion based on the timing of what’s posted over there by some respected posters, then he posts similar things here shortly after.

I think this is accurate. I honestly don’t think anyone had any inside info on this kid. I mean he is guaranteeing left and right for how long that he is Cyclone bound and then nothing. I love how he has people defending him on here. He gives bunk info then tries to play it off. Good work

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think this is accurate. I honestly don’t think anyone had any inside info on this kid. I mean he is guaranteeing left and right for how long that he is Cyclone bound and then nothing. I love how he has people defending him on here. He gives bunk info then tries to play it off. Good work

If you're going to accuse me of stealing premium info from another site and posting it here I hope you have some examples to back that up

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014

Typing out your ass again?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
It’s entertaining how offended people get about inside info.

CyTwins had good inside info, it’s your interpretation that lacked imo. Many on the ISU side likely believed he was coming here. But it’s recruiting. If you take someone saying an unsigned 18 year-old that’s visiting programs as 100%, it’s a you problem.

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
Stick with your first username, it accurately portrays you.