Site Conduct and Discourse

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Today, before any personal remarks were seen publicly in the NFC game thread, there were already incredibly insulting, slanderous, personal attack, and cruel mental health remarks in both posts (quickly deleted) and in PMs.

Regardless of how long you've been a part of CF, you will never know what it's like to be a moderator on here. The moderators have given literally 10's of thousands of unpaid hours each over the past 17 years on here and repeatedly get belittled, insulted, talked down to, and personally insulted - usually via PM but even in public.

You might visit this site every day but have no reason to be sensitive to things posted. Moderators don't have that luxury, it's become a part of their lives, personas, or personalities. So while you might think you're a single person poking a jab, remember that there are dozens if not hundreds a week doing the same thing to those that are doing everything they can for you to have a place to visit. And likely many more doing far worse via PM.

So as you move on to other threads and posts or go to other sites, remember that you aren't singled out until or unless you give us a reason. Your actions have far greater impact on others than you might expect just because it's "the internet".

If you want the forums to continue to be lively and enjoyable, I would suggest thinking more about your jokes about moderators and/or moderation.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The reason why CF is the only social media I actually use is that it is moderated well.

If people choose to come at you in PM’s like a ***** either post the screenshot or just ban them. It’s not worth it.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
There is almost zero legit reason to be mad at moderators here. They do a great job. Anyone who is mad at them needs to take a long look in the mirror (and a good ban if they don't).
Except for that one who was sexually harassing people but I assume that goes with out saying. And it’s well in the past.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I'd be curious which moderators are getting attacked via PM and what is said. Why not expose these people? Permanently ban them?
When the things were said like today make me have tears in my eyes and start to feel like I did right before my stroke and heart attack 3 weeks ago, closing it down and going offline for an hour was the only option.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Looks like I missed a solid dustup.

jsb was being snarky and petty in the NFC Championship Game thread. And, since she's bragged about how snarky and petty she is in other threads I've read, I think it's fair game to call her out on it, even if she's not here in this thread at the moment to defend herself.

And, as is her MO, she whined about being called out on it, and the thread pretty much went steeply downhill from there.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
perm bans mean a lot more work for mods post ban. It would be great if they just left to never come back, knowing they arent wanted here. Alas… this thread reminds me of our annual ask for a raise. *tincup rattles*

Last edited:
Reactions: mj4cy