Since the Beginning

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Oh man, now THAT one brings back memories. Millerforest. Not a bad guy... if looks, brains and personality don't count.

millerforrest reminded me of woodie. woodie had one working hand so he never used the shift key. I think he used to wrestle at ISU. Got permanbanned after going on a rant that was a tinge racist IIRC.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I found CF the day Harrison Barnes committed, there was a bit of disappointment and the thread on it was when I knew I'd found my people. Lurked for a bit and then gave in.

Wasn't there a thread about a guy getting stood up a while back that was in real time? That was pretty entertaining.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I found CF the day Harrison Barnes committed, there was a bit of disappointment and the thread on it was when I knew I'd found my people. Lurked for a bit and then gave in.

Wasn't there a thread about a guy getting stood up a while back that was in real time? That was pretty entertaining.

I think it was 2015 that was waiting for his date? I thought she eventually showed up, but I can't remember.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
I just looked at my join date, 12 years and 1 week ago. I was a lurker on Deace’s old site, and then found this when Wayne was being fired.

Lots of great threads linked here, AlaskaGuy (I think that was it) always left some great morning reading, although nothing has proven to be more powerful than when Bo Williams caused the servers to crash.

CYKXBUT

Jul 21, 2006
I've been here since 2006.
First message board I think was Fans Only or was it Sports Only
There were some great moments by AJ Pennypacker on Rivals.
The most memorable thread on here was by member using the john, setting off an alarm causing the building to be evacuated. Funny stuff.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Been here since the beginning. Found it because Jeremy had bought firewaynemorgan.com and redirected it to CF so someone else could not buy that domain and setup a site that many including myself thought should happen. Been hooked to CF ever since

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I've been here since the start too. One of the first hundred registered users I think.

I first posted on Scout. I basically got ran off of Rivals because I thought hiring McD was a bad idea. This was the only place where that viewpoint was tolerated.

Memorable: Tuff and Rain Roger Sprague, Hoiwatch, Plane on a treadmill, Travian (I got that started folks!) so much else.

You called that one. Nice job (unluckily).

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Probably started reading about 2010. Finally signed up in 2012. When it comes to sports I finally figured I could guess and BS as well as most of you guys.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Looks my first profile was created the start of my Junior year at ISU. August 2010.

I miss the simpler days of 2012-2013 when I wasn’t busy as **** at work and could actually browse and post during the day.

Still can’t believe people stand while wiping their asses.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Here pretty much from the start. Was on CN before that, but shifted to CF probably in 2007 or late 2006 in full force.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
L
I just looked at my join date, 12 years and 1 week ago. I was a lurker on Deace’s old site, and then found this when Wayne was being fired.

Lots of great threads linked here, AlaskaGuy (I think that was it) always left some great morning reading, although nothing has proven to be more powerful than when Bo Williams caused the servers to crash.
I was at either the Texas or A&M game (in Texas) and he busted out a huge run, and everyone in the ISU section was like “who the **** was that!??!!”

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I remember the first post that got traction being about the hiring of Gene Chizik.