Since the Beginning

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
2008 is when I joined. I was a lurker for about a year or so before that.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
I, too, was a lurker, but joined in 2007. Not a lot of posts for me, but I think CF has really developed into a great Cyclone site, and I am really pleased CW is in charge instead of Deace.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Joined from the beginning coming from strangetalk.net

First message board I was on was the nintendo boards, as they were one of the first. Mid 90's, very off topic, not so much nintendo related. From their Geocities community.

Spent most my years on off-topic.com

Best moments here normally get deleted pretty quickly, but I'd go with Urban Exploration as it was awesome.

Reactions: Doc and Nothingman

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Joined in 2009. I gotta go with Snowcraig's children fallibles.

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
I joined in March of 2006 and came from Strange Talk. I think Jeremy originally started this site as firewaynemorgan.com didn't he?

• Funny
Reactions: FarmClone

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I came here a few months after CF started from that other board that went to a pay-only site.

I've been posting about ISU sports since the USENET days of the 1990s...ia.sport.college, isu.sport.basketball, and isu.sport.football. Real names were used back then...

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
My profile says 8.5 years ago, so I guess 2009.

I was on Rivals before that. I remember meeting LoneClone in person one time and thinking it was way cool he lived so close to me and was an actual person, not just an internet myth.

Best thread... tough. The big ones have been mentioned. It wasn't that long ago, but the Adam Woodbury appreciation thread with all the gifs was funny af.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
The rumor on campus is that Jeter is going to be the new head basketball coach! I can't wait to see Blalock and Stinson in his offense!

Looks like I joined 12 years ago today. I still remember being is the basement of the library and signing up.

• Agree
Reactions: Dormeezy

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Joined during the Fall 2006 season as the resignation of McCarney became evident. I had spent time over at the failed Cyclone Nation before that.

I joined on a Friday afternoon after class in Ames.

My favorite memory from the site was Teran (sp?) Benton's post on CF the Saturday it became evident Chizik was leaving.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Sounds like an interesting place. Maybe I'll register here. ;)

Think i registered once early but never posted. When CR started to get overrun with carpy politics and crappy content I bailed but when I actually wanted to post here I couldn't find/remember my moniker so just signed up with what popped into my head that day. Guess I had something "important" to say (or not). :rolleyes:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
For all the old timers (like me) out there:

Who's been here since the inception of CF?

What was the first message board you posted on?

Most memorable moment (good or bad) on CF?

I've been here since the start too. One of the first hundred registered users I think.

I first posted on Scout. I basically got ran off of Rivals because I thought hiring McD was a bad idea. This was the only place where that viewpoint was tolerated.

Memorable: Tuff and Rain Roger Sprague, Hoiwatch, Plane on a treadmill, Travian (I got that started folks!) so much else.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I can remember posting on the FansOnly in middle school and before the poster Clarks took over the Cyclone Illustrated.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Wasn't there an Alliance site that was around?

My favorite wasn't on this site. Think it was Cyclone Report back around 2003. Where I believe Hiawatha Rutland was posting as AJPennypacker. The "feud" with CycloneAndy almost made me cry.

He kept calling him Candy and the guy just wasn't having it.

Wasn't that where "Cloned" posted insider info?

Ahhh.....the good old days

That was Hiawatha?!!!!! AJ Pennypacker was freaking awesome. Challenging people to arm wrestling competitions and nicknaming Stinson and Blalock "Stink" and "Pickle" were fantastic.

• Agree
Reactions: hlb76

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron