Since the Beginning

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Been here a long time, not since the start but close to it. Didn't like it much at first, but finally came around. Started with Cyclone Nation, signed up, thinking I will never post, wow was I wrong. Then Deace pissed that away so had to fill my need for info so came here more and more.

It was a lot of fun on here and CN in the earlier days, fewer posters and got some good dialog going. You kind of got a fell that you knew some people. There also used to be good dialog on the Political Forums here, and I enjoyed that but that has really changed here also.

One of the great Cyclone Message board moments was after Mac was let go and Harbaugh was a candidate a poster called his office (his direct line) at San Diego. I don't remember if he talked to Jim or just left a message.

• Agree
Reactions: Bobber

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I joined about 6 months after the site opened up. It was just before the football season began to spiral out of control. I began hearing from coworkers that people weren't happy with McCarney, something I just didn't understand at the time, and I began searching the internet to see if the opinion was isolated. It ended up being more common than I realized, and a few weeks later most of us were of the same opinion.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Yeah, KG Cyclone or whatever it was left with McDermott. Do you remember Phaedrus? That guy was interesting.

Yeah Phaedreus. He came off as living as an assassin in the Middle East or something.

He was a really interesting guy and a good writer. Really liked some of the posts and photos he shared when he went to Afghanistan. He was a prolific poster who would challenge people, but was also fairly respectful of different opinions than his. I miss seeing his stuff. I think at the end he said he was signing off and we wouldn't hear more from him and indeed that is what happened.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
He was a really interesting guy and a good writer. Really liked some of the posts and photos he shared when he went to Afghanistan. He was a prolific poster who would challenge people, but was also fairly respectful of different opinions than his. I miss seeing his stuff. I think at the end he said he was signing off and we wouldn't hear more from him and indeed that is what happened.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Doc

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I've been here since the beginning.

The funniest thing I've ever read on here was this site publishing an article that had Corey McIntosh rated as a 5 star player.

• Funny
Reactions: Bobber

isuclone89

Oct 23, 2007
Medical Lake, WA
Not sure if I've been on since the very beginning but pretty close if not.
Tuff as rain is a classic.
Anyone remember Tad? and Travian?
Also, the plane on treadmill thread was pretty epic

I remember the travian, it actually made it's own "area" on the site. Also was during that period I first saw the pirate for sarcasm.

Started lurking in late 06. Signed up in 07. Once a lurker always a lurker for me.

Too many threads I liked/enjoyed. I do miss CTAClone wish he was still here.

Last edited:

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I was a regular CyReport reader, but discussions dropped off quickly when they went to a paid site. I think I came over here first for the LE hangover, and while I am clearly too old for this, stuck around because the discussions and content are much more fun than I ever expected. The Big 12 Collapse MegaThread is still the embodiment of what makes CF great.

I remember the fans from other schools rolling through over the years, especially LakesBison and the Memphis poster who thought their proximity to a FedEx hub proved their superiority over Iowa.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I found this site when I was trying to get more info about the Wayne Morgan firing and the resultant coaching search. One of the funniest things from the early days (as has already been mentioned) was Roger Sprague and the "Tuff as Rain" posts.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
First message board was Cyclone Nation I think. Whatever Deace' s board was. Insider on Cyclone Report for a long time. Signed up to read who the big recruit was that Wayne Morgan was bringing in. Turned out to be Theo Davis... Lol! Been here since 2012.

Favorite thread I think was the guy who sharted at work and was asking what to do real time. I'm sure it was all fake but it was hilarious.

Any who remember late 90s/early 00s CycloneReport (and HawkeyeReport) EustachianTube...he is I and I am him.