Sarah Fuller Vandy kicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
Would’ve been cool to see her attempt a FG/PAT. Hard to tell much off a squib kick.

Anyone know if their regular kicker will be back next week? Not sure if he tested positive or was exposed.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
She was hitting up to 38 yard fgs in practice, so 10-17 less than typical fbs kickers. Gives an idea of where a normal kickoff would be.

If she's accurate on PATs she'd be better than every single kicker ISU had my entire four years in the late 90s.

As an average high school soccer player who never kicked for football my friends and I went to the practice field to legitimately see if we should try to walk on at ISU one season where our PAT % was close to 50%.

Reactions: Angie

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
That's the bigger issue. And that'd likely be an issue with whatever random person they brought in regardless of gender.
Yeah, I figured this was really why they didn't want her tackling.

Plus, it's a **** move to the women's soccer team. "Thanks for letting us borrow your goalie. Oh, by the way, she got a dislocated shoulder and a concussion"

Reactions: Angie

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Already have had conversations with my 1st grader about the significance of the next vice president will be the 1st female to hold the office (not getting political here just providing another example) and how being a female doesn't mean you cant do the same things males do.

You'd think there'd be more special forces females.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I would assume that the soccer team is a scholarship program but that’s purely a guess. I’m also wondering if like a lot of other non revenue sports where they don’t have enough full ride scholarships to cover all the players and they have to split them up between the team. I know that’s common for men’s sports but I’m not sure if that’s true of women’s sports too.
Div I women's soccer is an equivalency sport - meaning partial scholarships can be given out.
BTW - in women's volleyball, tennis, gymnastics, and basketball, only full scholarships can be awarded - no partials.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Regarding her ability to tackle: she's a 6'2" soccer player. I doubt they want her trying to tackle anyone, but I bet there are other Div I kickers out there who are more likely to get hurt in that situation than her.

Yeah this 'well let's see her tackle someone' is something that you never hear anyone say about kickers in normal situations so saying it now definitely drives home the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron