Rose

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I don’t know much about this particular injury, so this may be a stupid comment. I just hope this is not the type of pain where he needs opiates.

• Dumb
Reactions: 83cy

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I don’t know much about this particular injury, so this may be a stupid comment. I just hope this is not the type of pain where he needs opiates.
I would think it's the type where he could get an injection for temporary relief, but that's only a guess.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Yes! And as I mentioned on the 'bad call' thread a day or two ago, when I was watching the replay of the last Pokie play (hehe), i saw Mike out there on the last OkieState offensive series. He had white tape just above his R elbow down to the wrist/hand. Point being he was out there playing well after the injury! I don't think he would have been playing if it were more serious! Good news. Doesn't mean he will or won't play Sat but to me that was a great sign!!
For Cowboy fans chirping about the spot on their final play | CycloneFanatic: The Internet's most popular site for fans of the Iowa State Cyclones
Wasn't Rose the one that was hurt on that final 3rd down? I don't think he could have been in for the 4th down.

Reactions: cyclone1209

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
This particular quote from Campbell gives me confidence that Mike is somewhere between an absolute clean bill of health and deceased.
But as fanatics, worst case we know he will rise from the dead!

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
He plays a great game Sat, but the today’s DM Rag (print edition) show him missing a tackle.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Ha fellow old guys. A work friend totally took himself out a few years ago reaching into his back seat. That's a high risk maneuver after 40.
I hope Rose is good, and that the staff treats him carefully. Just one good NFL contract is a life changer and he deserves it.

Threw my back out standing still a couple weeks ago. Do not recommend.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
My bad! I thought maybe he got hurt earlier. Yeah that changes my perception completely. Regardless I hope it's not too serious!

:confused:Nevermind!

I think he was hurt a few times during the game.

there was that 3rd down play he got hurt on and was out for the important 4th down play at the end but earlier in the game he got hurt and came out for a few plays.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Players like Mike Rose and Jake Knott are absolute warriors. Knott played for longer than anyone should with basically one arm
This should serve as a caution to Mike. Knott was so beat up after his career in Ames that he was a shell of himself by the time his pro career should have been starting. Ended up having a substance abuse issue and NFL career never panned out.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron