Rose

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
i said this before somewhat in jest after Baylor, but now Im more serious: i think Hall should just sit out the rest of the year. Big12 champs was still in play, but now thats pretty much shot. Not really anything else to play for thats worth possible injury.
I never thought I'd see the day where ISU fans would say "since we aren't going to win the conference, might as well sit out."

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
This game just showed us how good Rose is… we suck without him…
I think his loss today was visible. I couldn't see the damn game, for obvious reasons.

But I'll say this - we didn't generate a good enough pass rush apparently, and our defensive backfield didn't play well. Neither of those is on Rose.

Next week we need to change something up. Maybe more blitzes from Hummel/Horne/Vance, or something different up front. Doege was obviously comfortable back there today and that's why he had 400 yards almost. That's bad defense.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I think his loss today was visible. I couldn't see the damn game, for obvious reasons.

But I'll say this - we didn't generate a good enough pass rush apparently, and our defensive backfield didn't play well. Neither of those is on Rose.

Next week we need to change something up. Maybe more blitzes from Hummel/Horne/Vance, or something different up front. Doege was obviously comfortable back there today and that's why he had 400 yards almost. That's bad defense.

Every time we blitzed today we left the DB's in 1 on 1 coverage and they got burnt.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Every time we blitzed today we left the DB's in 1 on 1 coverage and they got burnt.
Datrone Young today:

creator-pijua.gif

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

My general impression was that we played it a little safer all around, without his reliability in plugging whatever gap might spring up. Seemed like our coverage was softer, and we were less likely to bring pressure.

• Agree
Reactions: Chitowncy

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
i said this before somewhat in jest after Baylor, but now Im more serious: i think Hall should just sit out the rest of the year. Big12 champs was still in play, but now thats pretty much shot. Not really anything else to play for thats worth possible injury.
I wish I could "Double Dumb" this post.

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclones1969

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If Rose is done they'll need to overhaul the defense or something.

I would expect a slight drop yesterday but that was like missing the entire unit.

Reactions: khardbored

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
If Rose is done they'll need to overhaul the defense or something.

I would expect a slight drop yesterday but that was like missing the entire unit.
Yeah I think the unit should be better than that even with missing him. We didn't really shut down the pass or the run yesterday, usually we will slow down one of those to a high degree.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
And Kymani and Tampa

I don't think the secondary as a whole is synced in very well for coverage or able to do it.

Sanders threw some absolute darts last week but that TD before half was not played very well by Eisworth or I. Young.

The 'well they're just playing soft to preserve the lead/time' from the KU and KSU games is starting to look like that wasn't the purpose.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I wonder if the staff decides to burn the redshirt on Purchase and give him some run at the #2 corner spot after yesterday.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I wonder if the staff decides to burn the redshirt on Purchase and give him some run at the #2 corner spot after yesterday.

Aren't they allowed 4 games or is that something else?

Maybe play him but hold him out for the bowl game or something.

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
No. Terrible precedent. I would understand if he sits out the bowl game though.

I just hope 5 star culture doesnt cost him potential generational life changing money. I dont think the alamo bowl is worth that IMO. He can really only hurt his draft position from here on out--he's already at the top of the RB class. Sure the Big12 championship is still "technically" in play, but one more loss and it's definitely over, and it's already out of ISU's hands.

like it or not, ncaaf is changing and players SHOULD be looking out for their futures. To not be doing that is, to be frank, stupid. Especially running backs. This old school thought process everyone giving me "dumbs" has will be gone soon.

• Dumb
Reactions: SolarGarlic

Help Support Us

Become a patron