Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
"N" is close enough to IV which can be tied to XIV / XN. Some graphic artist can put this out of the park IF Big XIV isn't owned by someone else. Sorry. Creative mind at work.
Don't go off tangent here. We are talking about UCONN!

• Funny
Reactions: Cloneon

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I read an article this morning that said the deal was for 200M per year, all streaming from Apple. But it was offered before CU left. So there is question on if it will still stand, and how it would change with less teams or adding lower value teams.

If that’s even close to accurate, the PAC is dead.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
If that’s even close to accurate, the PAC is dead.
This is where I read it....no idea how reliable the site is. They have several interesting articles today about realignment.

Edit: Several of these articles seem to source Twitter morons so...take it for what it is.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Could there have been numbers/deal there and GK didn't share because he was trying to get more?

No. Because he would have presented those numbers to the schools and said "This is where we're at now but I think we can get more". If he had done that and it was anything reasonable CU wouldn't have jumped, AZ wouldn't have a foot and a half out the door, and ORWA wouldn't be considering their options.

He has presented literally nothing other than "We don't have a deal yet but we're going to get a deal and it's going to be better than the Big 12's". Inspires a ton of confidence. Which is why GK is watching his conference crumble before his eyes.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This is where I read it....no idea how reliable the site is. They have several interesting articles today about realignment.

Edit: Several of these articles seem to source Twitter morons so...take it for what it is.
It’s all bull pucky or actually credible people would be saying similar things.

Reactions: 2speedy1

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
No. Because he would have presented those numbers to the schools and said "This is where we're at now but I think we can get more". If he had done that and it was anything reasonable CU wouldn't have jumped, AZ wouldn't have a foot and a half out the door, and ORWA wouldn't be considering their options.

He has presented literally nothing other than "We don't have a deal yet but we're going to get a deal and it's going to be better than the Big 12's". Inspires a ton of confidence. Which is why GK is watching his conference crumble before his eyes.

Michael Scott’s “big surprise” playing out in real life

Reactions: VeloClone

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
The only way they get on a linear network is if they are playing a non-con against someone out of conference. Otherwise it will have to be 100% steaming on conference games. I find it hard to believe that a network like ION is going to shell out $250M a year for something plays out over 10 weeks and gets less ratings than a 15 year old repeat of Law and Order SVU.
Somebody. ION, CW, maybe even ESPN is going to sublicense the content from Apple for a fraction of what it's actual value is and Apple is going to keep the lion's share of marquee games. That's the end game here.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron