Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

wenkeej

Dec 28, 2015
Cambridge
It means something, in my mind, because it simply can’t be the end. It’s been covered a little bit already (@HoopsTournament covered it briefly). It is impossible to schedule with 13 teams. Not just “hard”, but mathematically impossible, so the Big12 has to add another institution.

The prevailing thought is that institution is Arizona, and Arizona leaving would cripple the PAC. If Arizona doesn’t leave, we’re staring directly at UCONN.

The cards are stacked against the PAC, for sure, but all things being equal, SDSU replacing CU isn’t as far fetched as people think. The problem for the PAC is how much it would cost SDSU to make such a move ($34M exit fee) plus the fact the PAC has, presumably at best, a ****** deal on the table that GK will present tomorrow.
But from a Pac9 perspective, if we are both saying Colorado really wasn't a big deal for the league, then you could have replaced Washington St with Colorado in this and the we would be in the same boat? I don't know about that.

And your right, if they can add SDSU it would be a good fit for them. But it will, at best, be a close replacement from a revenue standpoint. It could be a significant hit to revenue. If it was a significant bump one would have thought they would have been added prior to the MWC drop dead date for leaving.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I've received a leaked copy of Kliavkoff's presentation of the TV rights deal:

View attachment 115003

the only detail we have is that the Pac TV deal is looking
larry-david-seinfeld.gif

• Haha
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY and WalkingCY

cysmiley

Jun 30, 2012
Wonder if GK's "deal" is for 8 or 9 or 10 or 11 or 12 teams, maybe for a merger with MWC, guess we get to find out tomorrow,

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA

What if the deal was there and he simply didn’t want to present it to CU?

No way that is what happened, but to Scheer’s point, it is all very interesting that GK all of a sudden has something to present that he didn’t have a couple days ago? Weird.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019

What if the deal was there and he simply didn’t want to present it to CU?

No way that is what happened, but to Scheer’s point, it is all very interesting that GK all of a sudden has something to present that he didn’t have a couple days ago? Weird.

Could there have been numbers/deal there and GK didn't share because he was trying to get more?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I'm gonna be disappointed if the announcement doesn't involve Methodists when it finally comes from the brotherhood of elite secular higher learning that happens to play foosball.
My next Freemasons meeting is going to be lit when we start scheming our next moves.

Reactions: aeroclone and HFCS