Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I’ve thought CU/AZ and wait for ACC to crumble is best for B12 and what I expect to happen.

Let Utah and ASU live their dream anchoring the WAC. Get ACC markets when available instead of doubling up a state with barely more people than Iowa.

I agree. Options would be good.

Assuming we get AZ as the 14th, I don’t see a scenario where I’m disappointed, but there’s going to be a lot of opportunities in the near future.

cysmiley

Jun 30, 2012
All conjecture here, but let's say this idea plays out. UO is in the Big 12 and Knight makes a huge sponsorship agreement somehow with the conference. Any teams not wearing Nike gear would have to be banished from the conference immediately! :D

Seriously, they would be allowed to have their apparel contract run its course without any problem. I would imagine they might want to sign with Nike on the next go around!

It wouldn't be a bad problem to have.
So you assume Nike would dole out millions to the conference and then turn around and dole out millions to individual schools not Oregon, when they already had the conference.......hmmmm, don't think so.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
"N" is close enough to IV which can be tied to XIV / XN. Some graphic artist can put this out of the park IF Big XIV isn't owned by someone else. Sorry. Creative mind at work.
With the "X" in a prominent stop, Elon will kick in big bucks along with Nike...right?

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
So you assume Nike would dole out millions to the conference and then turn around and dole out millions to individual schools not Oregon, when they already had the conference.......hmmmm, don't think so.
My vision of this would be Nike sponsoring the conference... I.e. "Big 12 sponsored by Nike" on the broadcasts. Nike pays the BIG 12, not individual schools... 100 mill total or whatever. Conference then distributes that revenue to Nike schools. KU can keep Adidas and Tech can keep UA. Whatever money Nike pays to "sponsor" the conference goes to Nike schools.

Nike could still give Oregon all it is giving now. The additional money would be sponsorship for their brand.

Reactions: tman24

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Penn St came close to joining the Big East a while back. Wonder what a Northeast power conference could’ve looked like?

Had the Big East not bumble ****** that chance in the early 80s, it seems likely that those northeastern schools that were Big East for basketball (but still football independents) would have gotten together a lot earlier to start a football conference. But, basketball was king.

Of the "originals", Pitt, Syracuse, and BC were all in the final polls at some point during the 80s. So were WVU and VT, who joined when the Big East started FB in '91. Add PSU, and that's a pretty salty top half of a conference.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
The big ten rumors are wild, if they can get their hands on acc teams, they aren't adding anymore west coast teams.

Also, I don't think the Big10 adds Clemson and FSU. To me, they seem more SEC bound.

Additionally, something huge would have had to happen for FSU and Clemson to break the GOR.

Overall, This rumor probably just throwing crap at a wall.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The big ten rumors are wild, if they can get their hands on acc teams, they aren't adding anymore west coast teams.
Yeah, not buying it. if the ACC cracks open all hell is going to break loose. It's not just going to be B1G adds those 4 teams and everyones happy.

Cydwinder

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 9, 2010
London, UK
Yeah, not buying it. if the ACC cracks open all hell is going to break loose. It's not just going to be B1G adds those 4 teams and everyones happy.
This is my thought too. No way this rumor is true. Why would B1G stop there and not go for UNC and UVA at the same time? And again the ACC GOR is still a major roadblock to clear.

• Agree
Reactions: NorthCyd

Help Support Us

Become a patron