Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Utah media’s perspective on potentially joining the Big 12.

What's funny is BOTH Utah and BYU fans absolutely dread the idea of being in the same conference again. They HATE each other...very clear. Utah fans are anyplace but the B12 and having to play BYU. BYU fans are F them...don't throw them a life line. Kinda funny.

• Informative
Reactions: CYTUTT and Kinch

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
How big would a basketball only share of TV money be anyway? We could come up with an advantageous deal for Gonzaga if we are adding Washington and Oregon as well for that part of the country.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
What's funny is BOTH Utah and BYU fans absolutely dread the idea of being in the same conference again. They HATE each other...very clear. Utah fans are anyplace but the B12 and having to play BYU. BYU fans are F them...don't throw them a life line. Kinda funny.
They have an awesome rivalry. Excited to add it to our league. Lots of hatred there. Reminds me of Cy Hawk.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Dying to know the obscure 2. Guessing women's bball, but what is third?

*Minimum 16 total sports

*Minimum of 6 men's and 8 women's sports

*Minimum of 6 men's sports from this list:
Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Swimming/Diving, Tennis, Indoor Track, Outdoor Track, Wrestling

*Minimum of 6 women's sports from this list:
Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Golf, Gymnastics, Rowing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming/Diving, Tennis, Indoor Track, Outdoor Track, Volleyball

*Required men's sports (2):
Football and Basketball

*Required women's sports (2):
Basketball and (Soccer or Volleyball)^

^Schools already offering WSOC or VB cannot drop those sports

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
I am a rabid CFB fan and MBB to a lesser extent. I attend and watch ISU FB games every week. Before and after, I watch other games sun up to sundown; as well as games Wed-Fri. I cared, because ISU and I were connected to a greater thing; with its national scope, pageantry, traditions, rivalries, etc..

This is dying for me, they are ruining what was great about CFB. I will watch ISU, as well as other B12 games; but I am over it. My Saturdays just got a lot more productive. Some casual fans will be done, but some won’t. However, I think there is a diehard group of fans that they will turn into casual fans.

CFB attendance is declining, is viewership? It seems shortsighted to reduce your “league“ fanbase; all while media partners over extend themselves financially for this ”content”. Now, add NIL; transfer portal and realignment to super league BS…it’s not sustainable. The NFL has rules in place on these issues.

i just hope these greedy SOBs and their plan fails fast, so that we have a chance to return to what once once great about college football.
Nailed it!

cyclonemagic

Nov 26, 2006
Texas
The ACC will be a mid-major by 2036 if they don't decide to break up before then. Those schools will bring in a third of the money the Big 10 and SEC will. That will not be very appealing to the big-name schools in that conference. I read that it takes 8 schools to dissolve the ACC GOR. I am not sure if that is correct but have seen that mentioned several times. If that is the case, which schools will be part of the eight schools leaving the ACC? I believe they will be Notre Dame, UNC, UVA, Clemson, and Florida State for sure because they have landing spots in the BIG10 or SEC. Not sure which whether the remaining schools will agree unless they have better offers -- Miami, VT, Pitt, GT, NC State, or Duke?

• Useful
Reactions: t-noah

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
those numbers are way off, they were outdated almost as soon as that tweet went out.

Pac paid out half as much as projected, this year at only 19.8M and Big 12 paid out a record 43.2M, more. than projected.

But that projection basically puts the PAC, ACC, and Big 12 even as they stood moving ahead as it stood a few months ago. Moving ahead which was without Texas and OU, and with the 4 new schools, but included USC and UCLA in the PAC.

This proves that the PAC is way behind the Big 12 now that they lost their 2 biggest names. We were even after we added the 4 teams after OUT, but now that the PAC is minus its bread winners they are not even close.
Oregon and Washington will exit. I would believe they want to stay with USC and UCLA to have west coast games, so will wait and see what Big Ten states to them. Those two schools will always have a decent suitor so can be patient.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
They are dead because Many of the leftovers are going to jump ship. Oregon, UW, Utah, UA, CU and ASU will jump elsewhere if it comes to that.
They all need more midwest / east coast exposure. How many actually tuned into PAC late night football? There were a few games I tried but I was snoozing by halftime.