Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
It might mean more money simply because there is one less conference, meaning one less place for these people to get content. Meaning they will increase their bid to secure that content.....hopefully.

A network like CBS or NBC is soon to be completely out of CFB, and streamers like Amazon and Apple want in. Meaning if there is no PAC their is one less conference for them to make a deal with. Making it a greater need to bid to get that content.
This is the best take I've seen all day.

• Friendly
Reactions: 2speedy1

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
The SEC won only two outright national championships ( 92 and 98 ) and one shared in a 25 year period from 1981 to 2005. It has only been recently, past 16 years, that the SEC has been the juggernaut it currently is now. I would like to see their ratings the. Vs.other leagues from 1990 to 2005. I would also like to see the ratings of the orange bowl vs. Sugar bowl in the 1970s and 80s when the big 8 had a tie in with the orange bowl. If memory serves me, then those two bowls went head to head.
The sugar normally went head to head with the Cotton. The Orange was played at night, after the Rose Bowl.

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
List? (You can't count beach volleyball or rowing) :)

Seriously, I'd like to see a list. Not to critique (I have no counter-list or prefs of any kind) - just curious.

women's wrestling, beach volleyball, mens volleyball, mens and women's hockey, mens and women's lacrosse, mens soccer, rowing, cross country skiing, mens tennis

mens and women's rock climbing, build a wave facility and get surfing, esports, probably about 20 other non-NCAA sports I'd rather invest in

I mean almost anything would be as exciting to me as college baseball knowing the weather In Feb/March/April in Iowa and that it'd be almost impossible for ISU to compete.

Reactions: cyclones500

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Dan Beebe and Larry Scott can at least tell their grandchildren that they played a huge roll in college realignment.

Zyklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2011
Ames
How would giving the Big 10 and the SEC more playoff spots have saved us? We usually got a team in anyway, and with a 12-16 team playoff, we would have gotten the same amount in.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
PAC 12 has just lost their 2 biggest draws. The next 2 Washington and Oregon have applied for Big Ten membership. Stanford and Cal are in shock. PAC 12 is doomed. They know it. Oregon State and Washington State are dead weight. They know it. Arizona Schools know the Big 12 is their only shot. CU and Utah the same. No one is going to join the PAC 12. Who wants to hop on that sinking ship?
I'll just throw this out there. Stormin, you get the quote, but it could be anybody.

What would you call the new B12?

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
PAC 12 has just lost their 2 biggest draws. The next 2 Washington and Oregon have applied for Big Ten membership. Stanford and Cal are in shock. PAC 12 is doomed. They know it. Oregon State and Washington State are dead weight. They know it. Arizona Schools know the Big 12 is their only shot. CU and Utah the same. No one is going to join the PAC 12. Who wants to hop on that sinking ship?

Memphis and Boise St?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron