Random Thoughts XII - This Thread Delivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Probably noonish. Think I am going ahead and posting it as an official club "event". Could end up being just me and couple of other guys because the FB group is only 500 or so, so most of the 10K alumni won't see it. Actually more like 5K for alumni we have emails for and guessing less than half even read them. Communication is a challenge.

Did find out the trail requires a use ticket for $4.
If it makes you feel any better, I rarely check FB but I saw a notification and followed it to your preliminary notice before I saw it on here.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Hey CG did you DH and baby bull go to the worlds largest cheese board in Madison? around 4,0000# of glorious cheese all displayed at once. Some of it was sold and raffled off rest went to a couple of different food banks.

we did not but I sort of wish we had - it looked really neat!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Toss up to the most laughable snail mail yesterday.

1. Sears: "To keep your credit limit from being lowered due to inactivity, you must make a purchase or other transaction by September 30, 2018". Okay, that gave me laugh and, boy, that's some sort of incentive! Bought my kitchen appliances there in 2002 or so, can't think of much of any significance else since then and certainly not on credit. Oh, car battery last year!

2. "Hi, Boxster. My name is Katie and I want to buy your house. I can pay CASH no matter what the condition is of the home....." :rolleyes:

BTW, a couple weeks ago Sears tried to enroll me into some ******* unsolicited VISA/Mastercharge. Was an "opt out" not opt in. :mad: More signs they are truly done. Glad I saw it in what I thought was just harmless junk mail and cancelled that ****.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

1. Sears: "To keep your credit limit from being lowered due to inactivity, you must make a purchase or other transaction by September 30, 2018". Okay, that gave me laugh and, boy, that's some sort of incentive! Bought my kitchen appliances there in 2002 or so, can't think of much of any significance else since then and certainly not on credit. Oh, car battery last year!

2. "Hi, Boxster. My name is Katie and I want to buy your house. I can pay CASH no matter what the condition is of the home....." :rolleyes:

BTW, a couple weeks ago Sears tried to enroll me into some ******* unsolicited VISA/Mastercharge. Was an "opt out" not opt in. :mad: More signs they are truly done. Glad I saw it in what I thought was just harmless junk mail and cancelled that ****.
The one we got from Sears (which we hadn't used in ages) was "if your card remains inactive we will need to start charging you a monthly "maintenance" fee". It was in the neighborhood of $5-$10 to keep the account active. Yeah. I'm going to pay $60-$120 a year for a card I haven't used in over five years. We sent the card back to them in little pieces.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
The one we got from Sears (which we hadn't used in ages) was "if your card remains inactive we will need to start charging you a monthly "maintenance" fee". It was in the neighborhood of $5-$10 to keep the account active. Yeah. I'm going to pay $60-$120 a year for a card I haven't used in over five years. We sent the card back to them in little pieces.

That's pretty sneaky. I learned that Amazon does that for the kid's fire. Granted, they tell you up front and the unlimited apps for kids is a reasonable $3/month. But it's a surprise if the person who bought it forgot/didn't know that it automatically rolls over for a fee.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I am 0-3 swatting at this mosquito in my living room. Was 1-1 last night. In a slump now.

Edit: Got him. He ded. Now off to mow and feed his buddies outside.

Last edited:

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Katie sounds hot.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I think I’m finally buying a cordless electric weed trimmer. Fighting gas ones too much.

Hubby made the switch after his gas one died last year. Got a DeWalt.

Was just looking at it on Amazon and one of the questions someone asked was: Can a short woman use this—a little over 5”. First person replies: “A five inch tall person would probably be out of luck” :p

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Katie sounds hot.

Well, she did say "Call Me Right Away!" and provided her number.

These things amuse me so I looked it up. "Office" is the post office in Blaine and number is a landline in Stillwater. Still could be worse, not a landline in China or Russia. :rolleyes:

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Does it count though since the dudes involved where from Missouri?

And also, yikes, murder by circular saw is something out of horror movies or something.
I think it counts. It will be prosecuted in Wisconsin. Yeah, it didn't say he was decapitated but mentioned extensive lacerations to face and neck. Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron