Random Thoughts XII - This Thread Delivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Boxster, what time on the ride? That would be a really pretty ride I would think. I'm probably out though because it is Mn weekend but have escape room in DM with nieces & nephew Sat nite because it is only weekend they could all make it. so work then DM, home to sleep then work Sun am. So probably won't have super early start. Extra miles for me but will be good to see them all, even estranged (by choice) niece is showing up.

Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Boxster, what time on the ride? That would be a really pretty ride I would think. I'm probably out though because it is Mn weekend but have escape room in DM with nieces & nephew Sat nite because it is only weekend they could all make it. so work then DM, home to sleep then work Sun am. So probably won't have super early start. Extra miles for me but will be good to see them all, even estranged (by choice) niece is showing up.

I think its neat how you get together with your nieces and nephews so much. I guess mine aren't old enough, but I know that there are only maybe 1-2 that would do that type of stuff with us.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I think its neat how you get together with your nieces and nephews so much. I guess mine aren't old enough, but I know that there are only maybe 1-2 that would do that type of stuff with us.

I've been really lucky that even as they've gotten older they still all like to see each other. It takes a little more effort as they all go their own ways sometimes you just have to pick a date and say do the best you can. This time it was easier for me to make my schedule fit around theirs.

Reactions: SCyclone

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
The first wave of job ads is rolling out. Most of it is stuff I generally expected to see this early, schools looking to fill full professorships. So far, 2 endowed chairs looking for full professors and 2 department chair positions looking for the same.

Somehow, there's a wave of openings in medical history. That's weird to me to see all at once, but there they are.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I think he sees his nieces more often than we see our kids. Of course, it doesn't help much that the oldest is in Washington and the youngest is in Delaware...

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

I have a nephew that I'm really close to - we do stuff together that he should be doing with his dad, but dad chooses not to. I'm just glad I can be there for him, he's a great person and an awesome dad himself.

Reactions: BCClone and NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Hey CG did you DH and baby bull go to the worlds largest cheese board in Madison? around 4,0000# of glorious cheese all displayed at once. Some of it was sold and raffled off rest went to a couple of different food banks.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Probably noonish. Think I am going ahead and posting it as an official club "event". Could end up being just me and couple of other guys because the FB group is only 500 or so, so most of the 10K alumni won't see it. Actually more like 5K for alumni we have emails for and guessing less than half even read them. Communication is a challenge.

Did find out the trail requires a use ticket for $4.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Probably noonish. Think I am going ahead and posting it as an official club "event". Could end up being just me and couple of other guys because the FB group is only 500 or so, so most of the 10K alumni won't see it. Actually more like 5K for alumni we have emails for and guessing less than half even read them. Communication is a challenge.

Did find out the trail requires a use ticket for $4.

Yeah I'm out, noonish on a good day is when I'm finishing then 2hrs to the cities. Would be a pretty ride though. I'll try to remember it and do it some day when I can hit the trail around 3 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron