Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
1088347.gif
My favorite hawkeye of all time.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If you think that's bad, try grinding some fresh horseradish in the house. My Mom and I decided years ago this would be a good idea - she raised it in her garden - and so, not knowing any better, we jumped right in. In about 3 minutes we were out on the deck, coughing and spluttering and wondering if someone had thrown acid in our eyes.

My dad made me and my sister grind that crap. That was punishment that we didn't deserve.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Over a year? Whoa. I bet I cut up an onion once a week, if not several times a week. I use some kind of onions in a lot of our meals.

In all honesty, I'm not the biggest onion fan. Onion rings....sure. For this recipe, they say a whole onion. I buy the smallest onion I can find, cut it in half, and just use that. If I didn't use the onion, it would make this dish quite bland.

I didn't make it last winter...dunno why...so henceforth why it's been over a year.

I'm assuming Sara's a trophy wife.

Uhhhh....yeah...sure....uh huh.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
You guys joke about Wisconsin being murder central, but it seems you're right. Missing man was found dead in a storage facility north of Madison. Then a Marine from Janesville was killed at camp Pendleton the other day.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I learned today that you would have to eat about 10 million bananas to have radiation sickness/issues.

A friend got to take a safe zone tour of Chernobyl.

Reactions: NWICY

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Imagine...(copyright John Lennon 1977)....Imagine if the North Koreans (copyright China 1951) and the South Koreans can do gangnam style at the Olympics.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well it was a good trip except for the game. Coopers BBQ is good but kind of pricey, but the frozen chalice shaped mugs they serve beer in are totally awesome. TCU fans are a pretty nice bunch, even before the game. Really neat the way the BB facility and FB stadium are back to back with a patio area between them. Shout out to our banned friend @GTO for his gracious hospitality.

Tub Creek BBQ in Cameron Mo. is pretty darn good. Tried the burnt ends and they were really good, best baked beans I've had since LC's in Kansas City.

Every time I've driven thru Norman Ok. going north there is a freakin wreck that adds about half an hour to going thru it. Never had had a problem going south but there is evidently always an idiot not paying attention on their way to work.

TL/DR Fun trip all except for the game score.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well it was a good trip except for the game. Coopers BBQ is good but kind of pricey, but the frozen chalice shaped mugs they serve beer in are totally awesome. TCU fans are a pretty nice bunch, even before the game. Really neat the way the BB facility and FB stadium are back to back with a patio area between them. Shout out to our banned friend @GTO for his gracious hospitality.

Tub Creek BBQ in Cameron Mo. is pretty darn good. Tried the burnt ends and they were really good, best baked beans I've had since LC's in Kansas City.

Every time I've driven thru Norman Ok. going north there is a freakin wreck that adds about half an hour to going thru it. Never had had a problem going south but there is evidently always an idiot not paying attention on their way to work.

It didn't look like a very big crowd on TV. How was attendance?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
It didn't look like a very big crowd on TV. How was attendance?

There were plenty of seats available but only one guy out front scalping. Supposedly he had courtside seats available but did not check prices with him.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ever stumble across something and you first go WTF is this? But then you end up finishing it because you are totally confused on what you are watching? I think I've deduced this is a Wisconsin meat raffle.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

When did that happen?

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron