Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
You only get banned if you are left of center in the cave, correct? I opted out before 2017 so I am out of date but that seems to be the trending modus operandi. Pretty much everyone I remember as left has gotten the hammer except KC.

That's the thing right now. My ignored posts ain't slowing down.
Basically left of Trump paints the target.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I accept responsibility for that.

That was my favorite thread.:(

Some of the “jokes” were awful but it was still open when I went to bed.

The few times I was around him, he seemed like a sweet boy. I think he and Fred might have played on same AAU team.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
That was my favorite thread.:(

Some of the “jokes” were awful but it was still open when I went to bed.

The few times I was around him, he seemed like a sweet boy. I think he and Fred might have played on same AAU team.
I was more pointing out that they were choosing to honor him during a game where they were likely to get trounced. I thought that people could stay on the up and up but I should have known better.

I'm sorry that you felt I was mocking him. That was not my intent, but I was certainly mocking Iowa basketball.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I don’t understand the cave. Arguing with strangers and it is not like anyone is going to change their mind.
There's a lot of arguing to be sure. But I also hear about issues there that I can follow up elsewhere.

And there is some amusement to be found in posting styles from folks on both sides. The snark is strong with some of them. :)

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I just resort to casual mockery.
That and my growing poster crush on @mitten1975 . Dude is killing it in there.
Every post I make, I fear the ban hammer, especially that last one. It is like there is this imaginary hammer that will come down on my head, like the Beatles.
Bang! Bang! Maxwell's silver hammer
Came down upon her head
Bang! Bang! Maxwell's silver hammer
Made sure that she was dead…

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Try this again not sure why I can't go back and edit.

Wx. the BBQ place is downtown on 2nd St. in Cameron Mo. it was good I'd go back.

Reactions: wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Did the Big Ten Basketball thread die because instead of mocking Hawk basketball, dumbasses were mocking the tragic death of a nice 20 year old man?

Did it get closed? I didn't like the direction it was going and didn't touch that. Never met street, but feel once someone has passed, best to just leave any negativity out, nobody wins with that. There was definitely a few posts that should have been erased.

• Winner
Reactions: carvers4math

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I was more pointing out that they were choosing to honor him during a game where they were likely to get trounced. I thought that people could stay on the up and up but I should have known better.

I'm sorry that you felt I was mocking him. That was not my intent, but I was certainly mocking Iowa basketball.

Yours was fine. A couple were past decent bounds

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
There's a lot of arguing to be sure. But I also hear about issues there that I can follow up elsewhere.

And there is some amusement to be found in posting styles from folks on both sides. The snark is strong with some of them. :)

I quit it when a few posters would respond to every post and make a personal insult or name call, in EVERY response.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I just resort to casual mockery.
That and my growing poster crush on @mitten1975 . Dude is killing it in there.
I should say, I have enjoyed your posting ever since I arrived here, whenever that was. Quite a ways back, I quit posting for awhile and then came back. I came back to post on basketball, but when Donald Trump was elected, I had to go back to the cave, it drew me like a magnet.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

I just don't get the ongoing wallowing over this after 25 years. Maintaining a state of mourning for 25 years is just cult like and weird IMHO. Not mocking him, he was probably a nice kid and all but nice kids die every day. He played college basketball, big whoop. It's not like he was fated to grow up and change the world. At some point I guess we will have a move for canonization.

# blaspheme_from_upnorth

Status
Not open for further replies.