Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Wasn't until I was in the midst of cutting an onion, which I haven't done in probably over a year, that I realized I should have looked up the easy tricks to keep your eyes from watering. Holy shmokes.

That was over an hour ago, and my eyes are still trying to recover. But, so looking forward to the slow cooked chicken dinner tonight.

• Friendly
Reactions: oldman and cyrevkah

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
A pet peeve of mine is when someone knows you and purposely ignores you. I don't mean not see you I think we all know the difference between that and purposely ignoring you in passing. We don't have to be friends but it just kind of irks me when people are not friendly/polite for no good reason.

In related news it makes me happy that I made the decision to stop applying for jobs under this person and moved out of the department as it was clear I had little to no upward potential there.
People I didn't really talk to or hang out with in high school are the ones that will say hello to me, some of the people I did talk to and hang out with won't.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Wasn't until I was in the midst of cutting an onion, which I haven't done in probably over a year, that I realized I should have looked up the easy tricks to keep your eyes from watering. Holy shmokes.

That was over an hour ago, and my eyes are still trying to recover. But, so looking forward to the slow cooked chicken dinner tonight.
A match stick clenched between the teeth is the one I use if I use one at all. I think it encourages you to breathe through your mouth rather than your nose so just try to do that without the matchstick.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I would hope that Vikings steer clear of boats after the Smoot Boat scandal.
giphy.gif

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

Over a year? Whoa. I bet I cut up an onion once a week, if not several times a week. I use some kind of onions in a lot of our meals.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

If you think that's bad, try grinding some fresh horseradish in the house. My Mom and I decided years ago this would be a good idea - she raised it in her garden - and so, not knowing any better, we jumped right in. In about 3 minutes we were out on the deck, coughing and spluttering and wondering if someone had thrown acid in our eyes.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I made goulosh last night. It's been ages since I've made it since Z doesn't eat pasta. We discussed the differences between baking and cooking a bit. I was a little paranoid with her helping to brown the hamburger since I was using my bigger skillet. Standing on her chair she could have leaned on the side of it. Yikes!

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I've been trying to watch Worst Cooks in America and Kids Baking Championship from the Foodnetwork page. For some reason they are only updating the first episode in the new season and then videos from older seasons.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Freaking millennials. One of my former students posted something on Facebook, and I immediately realized that it shapes something important for my fourth chapter. Now I have to go back and rework that into the chapter intro.

Stinking kids and their thinking about important stuff. It ain't right.
So now you are stealing from your former students?

Interesting...

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
A match stick clenched between the teeth is the one I use if I use one at all. I think it encourages you to breathe through your mouth rather than your nose so just try to do that without the matchstick.

Mouth breathing, do you find yourself yelling GO HAWKS while cutting onions then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron