Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Thinking Marlboros are like 7-8/pack.
Wow, that's what I used to smoke. Reds and then 100's

trrfd.gif

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I was never a smoker but I remember working at a convenience store and there were a lot of regular customers who got quite bent out of shape when the price of a pack of Marlboros or other name brand hit that $1 mark.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I was never a smoker but I remember working at a convenience store and there were a lot of regular customers who got quite bent out of shape when the price of a pack of Marlboros or other name brand hit that $1 mark.
My dad smoked in the navy. One day back in the 70's we were in a Cumberland Farms picking up milk. Guy in front of us bought a pack for 50 cents. My dad turned to me a said "50 cents for cigarettes?, I used to pay a nickel in the service"

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
My dad smoked a pipe outside but stopped when the smoke on his clothes sent my brother to the emergency room with an asthma attack.

• Informative
Reactions: SCyclone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Go to turn off TV (kids had 2 hr late start). Springer pops on. I know it’s fake, but brought up a discussion I had with friends on way back from wrestling Saturday. Guy here has affair and it’s with a way nastier woman. If you are going to do stupid at least either make sure they are rich or smokin hot. Don’t down grade.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I was in Dallas the weekend when the Saints beat the Colts. It was supposed to snow and they were warning people that accumulations could reach 1 tenth of an inch of snow.

giphy.gif

I had absolutely no idea what day it was when I woke up today. Was tired and maybe had a little too much to drink last night so thought for sure it must be Saturday. It is not Saturday.

I still remember waking up one morning and thinking "Good, it's Friday." It was only Tuesday. And I don't think the Monday had been that bad.

So let's assume my grandmother smoked for 40 years. (Start at 16, quit when her BIL was diagnosed with throat cancer) 15 years later, she was at the doctor's for a myriad of other medical problems. He mentions her lungs look great, she must have never smoked. She corrected him on that.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
giphy.gif

I still remember waking up one morning and thinking "Good, it's Friday." It was only Tuesday. And I don't think the Monday had been that bad.

So let's assume my grandmother smoked for 40 years. (Start at 16, quit when her BIL was diagnosed with throat cancer) 15 years later, she was at the doctor's for a myriad of other medical problems. He mentions her lungs look great, she must have never smoked. She corrected him on that.
They say if you quit smoking they will start to clean themselves up.

cdc-quit-smoking.jpg

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
That reaction is awful, but I'm jealous that your dad was so responsible.
The old folks in our family just look up new stuff on Dr. Oz and dig in their heels against making a change.

Not a thing he wouldn’t do to protect his kids. Quit cold turkey.

As a fellow allergy sufferer, I feel for you. My in-laws are awful about it. My allergy to most laundry detergent is one thankfully none of my kids have. Before I stayed at their house the first time, husband told them we would bring bedding and towels for me, and MIL assured him that wasn’t necessary and she would wash the necessary items in the detergent that we use. We double checked when we got there and she assured us she did.

I broke out in hives everywhere and was vomiting profusely. We were upset that this detergent apparently didn’t work anymore and MIL finally confessed to not bothering because she thought it was really just psychosomatic. I am fairly sure she was hoping to kill me.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Not a thing he wouldn’t do to protect his kids. Quit cold turkey.

As a fellow allergy sufferer, I feel for you. My in-laws are awful about it. My allergy to most laundry detergent is one thankfully none of my kids have. Before I stayed at their house the first time, husband told them we would bring bedding and towels for me, and MIL assured him that wasn’t necessary and she would wash the necessary items in the detergent that we use. We double checked when we got there and she assured us she did.

I broke out in hives everywhere and was vomiting profusely. We were upset that this detergent apparently didn’t work anymore and MIL finally confessed to not bothering because she thought it was really just psychosomatic. I am fairly sure she was hoping to kill me.

Disliked because I suffer from many allergies, and most don't understand what an intimate agony it is. When I was younger I would suffer so bad that the roof of my mouth and inside my ears itched.

Status
Not open for further replies.