Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Carrot patrol. Everything orange.
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: BCClone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
  • Funny
Reactions: oldman

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
  • Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
In Washington there are some hog farmers that feed marijuana plants to the hogs. They say it makes them more tasty and bigger. I assume the bigger part is due to getting the munchies and just eating more. Do pigs eat Oreos?
http://www.natureworldnews.com/arti...pig-feeds-farmers-hogs-bigger-more-savory.htm

The hogs we raised needed no incentive to eat more. I saw a group of them cannibalize one of their own that was injured. My dad was upset at me for not stopping it from happening. My reply was, "Dad, they were eating one of their own while it was still alive. Bone and all. I wasn't stepping foot inside that pen."

I don't even think there was a tail left.

So, to answer your question: Yeah, I'm pretty sure they would eat oreos!

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
The hogs we raised needed no incentive to eat more. I saw a group of them cannibalize one of their own that was injured. My dad was upset at me for not stopping it from happening. My reply was, "Dad, they were eating one of their own while it was still alive. Bone and all. I wasn't stepping foot inside that pen."

I don't even think there was a tail left.

So, to answer your question: Yeah, I'm pretty sure they would eat oreos!

Creeeeeeepy 2-part Criminal Minds all about this.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Well despite the weather forecasts we made the trip to MO. We looked totally screwed Monday morning but the clouds started to clear out just as the moon started to eclipse the sun so we got to watch it build. We were racing a giant cloud as totality approached and got through it and the diamond ring before the veil fell again. Within half an hour it was pouring rain and the sun was gone for good.

Despite the ridiculous traffic I'm glad I took the kids to this. As I mentioned after the total eclipse, "You don't see that every day."

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Well despite the weather forecasts we made the trip to MO. We looked totally screwed Monday morning but the clouds started to clear out just as the moon started to eclipse the sun so we got to watch it build. We were racing a giant cloud as totality approached and got through it and the diamond ring before the veil fell again. Within half an hour it was pouring rain and the sun was gone for good.

Despite the ridiculous traffic I'm glad I took the kids to this. As I mentioned after the total eclipse, "You don't see that every day."

We ended up going to northern KS and caught mostly clouds, but we were still able to get some pretty good views from time to time. We went into the country on a gravel road away from any lights and it went from light to "I can't see my wife that is 3 feet from me" in a minute. That was really cool.

Driving back with traffic and flooded roads was not near as fun.

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We ended up going to northern KS and caught mostly clouds, but we were still able to get some pretty good views from time to time. We went into the country on a gravel road away from any lights and it went from light to "I can't see my wife that is 3 feet from me" in a minute. That was really cool.

Driving back with traffic and flooded roads was not near as fun.
We had to resort to a little wizardry to chase away the obscuring clouds. Our hosts brought out tequila and said we all (adults) had to have a tequila sunrise to bring out the sun. Go figure, it worked.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006

Made that trip as well and set up at the airport in Boonville, MO. Clouds threatened, but we saw everything perfectly for totality. I did question my sanity as we left and headed towards KC on I-70. I was amazed there were no pile-ups. I saw a number of near crashes and collisions. The post-eclipse traffic added over an hour to the trip home (it was about 3.5 going down and almost 5 returning to our undisclosed location in Iowa).

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
nah, we just went to the terrace (a part of the union which is on the lake) and had a drink and talked. We were there for about 3.5 hours

drinks on the terrace, excellent choice.

Paisan's is a nice, relatively expensive place for your next date.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
We had to resort to a little wizardry to chase away the obscuring clouds. Our hosts brought out tequila and said we all (adults) had to have a tequila sunrise to bring out the sun. Go figure, it worked.
Thanks for taking one for the team. Your tequila consumption no doubt cleared the skies where we were at as well!

Reactions: VeloClone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron