Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
A couple stories on the cops. A lady was at Boxcar's (main bar, south end of town) for 2 and a half hours and had one drink. Cop waited for her to leave and followed her all the way home to the apartments where I used to live on the north side of town, and then pulled her over (I'm not sure what for) as she turned into the parking lot. That's a minimum of 4 different streets to travel on.

A man was walking home from Boxcar's because he knew he was too drunk to drive. He was using sidewalks when a cop stopped him. He was handcuffed and put into the car. Cop drove him out of town to his parent's house and gave him a ticket for public intoxication. This is a 30 some year old man who lives in town and is on the FD/EMS. They accused him of "walking out in front of the police car" so they had probable cause to stop him.

DUI arrests are up 500% over the last 2 years. I'm all for stopping drunk drivers, but I don't think targeting someone when they go into a bar and waiting that long for them to come out to try to get an arrest is the right thing to do. The owner of Boxcar's had a sibling killed by a DD so he's takes the issue seriously.

Also, one of the cops we have was arrested for a DUI once while employed by another department and also had a restraining order against him. He's actually the one who showed up at the high school when my sister had to go to the hospital and my mom recognized him and wouldn't let him touch my sister.

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Ghost of Runner Past is all "oooh!" but I think I am too old and slow for this. If you are setting up a Sloth Team CF just for fun and not concerned about being embarrassingly slow I could maybe do one of the four mile legs. I would be really slow at 9 minute miles. :oops: 30 years ago I would have given you 6:30's or so.

Even slow would be assuming I don't blowup. Only four runs into a late summer test of running. Did order some rigid inserts...hopefully will keep knees and hips quiet.

Actually, that's perfect. This is all just for fun.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
A couple stories on the cops. A lady was at Boxcar's (main bar, south end of town) for 2 and a half hours and had one drink. Cop waited for her to leave and followed her all the way home to the apartments where I used to live on the north side of town, and then pulled her over (I'm not sure what for) as she turned into the parking lot. That's a minimum of 4 different streets to travel on.

A man was walking home from Boxcar's because he knew he was too drunk to drive. He was using sidewalks when a cop stopped him. He was handcuffed and put into the car. Cop drove him out of town to his parent's house and gave him a ticket for public intoxication. This is a 30 some year old man who lives in town and is on the FD/EMS. They accused him of "walking out in front of the police car" so they had probable cause to stop him.

DUI arrests are up 500% over the last 2 years. I'm all for stopping drunk drivers, but I don't think targeting someone when they go into a bar and waiting that long for them to come out to try to get an arrest is the right thing to do. The owner of Boxcar's had a sibling killed by a DD so he's takes the issue seriously.

Also, one of the cops we have was arrested for a DUI once while employed by another department and also had a restraining order against him. He's actually the one who showed up at the high school when my sister had to go to the hospital and my mom recognized him and wouldn't let him touch my sister.
I would consider moving

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
A much younger and foolish NWICY worked a full night shift and a 5 hr split shift am (21/2 right after grave yard and then another 21/2 at about 3:30) job for a while. I could fall asleep anywhere if I wasn't doing something. Stoplights were tough. Once coming off a 16 hr night I woke up at a stop sign, didn't remember driving there:eek:. Luckily I survived those yrs and never hurt anyone else or myself.
Scary. Glad you survived.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Fresh peaches for dessert. Yums. I should go buy some more. Usually when I buy peaches they are too hard and unripe or mushy/mealy. These were perfect.
We've been getting lots of nectarines this year. They've been great.

We went to the farmer's market on Sunday. A bunch of the stalls were pushing Colorado Peaches. I didn't realize that peaches were grown in Colorado. Or is this some sort of code that they're selling "off-menu" items?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Guys, Sirius really isn't even that expensive. I think I pay like 6 bucks a month for it. Pretty sure I pay more for my Spotify account.
Yep. 5 months for $30. You do have to remember to negotiate when the 5 months are up or you get charged their rate of $15-20 for a month at that time.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames

We went to the farmer's market on Sunday. A bunch of the stalls were pushing Colorado Peaches. I didn't realize that peaches were grown in Colorado. Or is this some sort of code that they're selling "off-menu" items?

Colorado peaches are a thing. I have gotten some really good ones at Fareway this past month, will only buy a Colorado peaches over Georgia or California now.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.

Colorado peaches have been grown in a cannabis-rich environment. Therefore they cure cancer, raise the dead (on occasion), and give you a gentle buzz.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: NWICY and jcyclonee

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Is the cubemate refusing to support the cybercow army or is the cubemate joining a different cybercow army?

the former, I think, ha. I'm not terribly surprised, they have been unhappy with some things for the past few months and I can't blame them.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron