Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I have a pair of 9-mos old kittens in the house, brother & sister. They sleep when I'm at work. They play when I'm home. It's like having hyperactive toddlers...they jump up, you say no and put them down. Repeat x10 before they find a new way to bug you. Wood floor in bedroom, tall four poster with plenty of clearance underneath. Great place to play hide & seek and tag, especially when the whole house is dark and the humans are non-responsive...although they pounce periodically during the night to see if we've changed our plans.

I'm going to outlast this phase or I'm going to strangle them. I'll keep you posted.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I have a pair of 9-mos old kittens in the house, brother & sister. They sleep when I'm at work. They play when I'm home. It's like having hyperactive toddlers...they jump up, you say no and put them down. Repeat x10 before they find a new way to bug you. Wood floor in bedroom, tall four poster with plenty of clearance underneath. Great place to play hide & seek and tag, especially when the whole house is dark and the humans are non-responsive...although they pounce periodically during the night to see if we've changed our plans.

I'm going to outlast this phase or I'm going to strangle them. I'll keep you posted.

So the one made it back inside safely then?

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
So the one made it back inside safely then?

She was hiding behind the freezer in the garage when hubby came home. She's been following him around like a puppy ever since. It's hysterical...she's this tiny little thing (<6lbs), all black, with thumbs (she's polydactyl). She trots after him wherever he goes in the house.

bugs4cy

Jun 7, 2009
Story County
We have a pair of 5 month old kittens/sisters right now so I feel KC's pain. Going from a 17-year old cat to kittens = whiplash. They are forever picking up new fascinations. Right now we're into stealing toothpicks and dragging them around the house and trying to get into the bathtub with me. And drinking from Great Plains Pizza cups.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
We have a pair of 5 month old kittens/sisters right now so I feel KC's pain. Going from a 17-year old cat to kittens = whiplash. They are forever picking up new fascinations. Right now we're into stealing toothpicks and dragging them around the house and trying to get into the bathtub with me. And drinking from Great Plains Pizza cups.

They have fox (it's really a dog tug of war toy, but it was free) that they fight over. The two older cats (male, 9 & female, 4) never touched it, but the kittens pounced on it day one. It's actually longer than Molly is, but she will grab it, straddle it & awkwardly run around the house with Milo in close pursuit. To encourage them into the carrier for a trip to the vet, I put the fox in the carrier. I saw Milo first, went and picked him up, headed back toward the carrier only to see Molly disappearing around the corner, fox dragging behind. They're definitely entertaining. And VERY cuddly, which is what I needed after I lost Smudgy & Garf.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

This seems a bit harsh...

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I'm watching people driving out from the office. I want to leave too. I have a lot of stuff to do tonight. Can I go home yet?

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I'm watching people driving out from the office. I want to leave too. I have a lot of stuff to do tonight. Can I go home yet?
ill_allow_it_community.gif

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
government site that I need to use 25 times is up to 60 seconds now of attempting to return my first result. Normal response time? 1 second. I'm sure it's going to error out and I'll never get this thing done.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
government site that I need to use 25 times is up to 60 seconds now of attempting to return my first result. Normal response time? 1 second. I'm sure it's going to error out and I'll never get this thing done.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Thanks, Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.