Random thoughts thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
#newbiesgocamping

DH is about 8 inches too long for our borrowed sleeping bags.

Is 55F cold for sleeping outside with your lower shins-feet hanging out of a sleeping bag?

77F seems cold for lake swimming. Who turned off summer?!

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
#newbiesgocamping

Is 55F cold for sleeping outside with your lower shins-feet hanging out of a sleeping bag?

You're gonna be cold...pack extra blankets and pray for no rain

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
#newbiesgocamping

I'd assume it would depend on the person. I can't sleep with my feet covered at any temp. But if he's more sensitive to that stuff, it'll probably be cold. Just bring some thermal socks.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
#newbiesgocamping

Started to read the first sentence and was really wondering where this was going...

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Had a leftover tenderloin from Tic Toc tonight, followed up by a piece of angel food cake with confetti frosting. Fantastic.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I think most would have said too tall, not too long, so probably chalk it up to a Freudian slip.

to me, tall is up and down, vertical. Long is horizontal. He was horizontal on the sleeping bag, so I said long.

We shall be inside a tent though, so we'll just have to cuddle for warmth :smile: There is a cabin there, so if it's legit to cold, we can just pile into that, I'm sure. 0% and 10% chance of rain, so should be good on that.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
to me, tall is up and down, vertical. Long is horizontal. He was horizontal on the sleeping bag, so I said long.

We shall be inside a tent though, so we'll just have to cuddle for warmth :smile: There is a cabin there, so if it's legit to cold, we can just pile into that, I'm sure. 0% and 10% chance of rain, so should be good on that.

Ah, tent lovin. The 6th best kind of lovin.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

A little heavy petting and you can make that verticle, cowgirl, I gots faith inya.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
So since I settled in about six weeks ago I've been hitting the gym hard. 20-30 miles run per week (that may not be much for some of you, but keep in mind I was an offensive lineman, not cross country runner in school) and five different weight machines every single night. And that's not including my two 8 mile hikes up into some of the Hawaiian mountains on my off gym days. On average I've been taking in about 1500 calories. In that six weeks I've lost exactly half a pound. Like, I know I'm losing drastically because I can visibly see it, but still, it gets a little frustrating when it's still only half a pound in six weeks!

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
So since I settled in about six weeks ago I've been hitting the gym hard. 20-30 miles run per week (that may not be much for some of you, but keep in mind I was an offensive lineman, not cross country runner in school) and five different weight machines every single night. And that's not including my two 8 mile hikes up into some of the Hawaiian mountains on my off gym days. On average I've been taking in about 1500 calories. In that six weeks I've lost exactly half a pound. Like, I know I'm losing drastically because I can visibly see it, but still, it gets a little frustrating when it's still only half a pound in six weeks!
You obviously put on ten pounds yesterday thinking about pie. It's the only explanation.

#womengonnaevil

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

start measuring inches too, you'll see more difference. I'll bet your muscle to bodyfat ratio has changed a lot.

20-30 miles seems like a lot to me. I do like 6 miles a week :no:

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
start measuring inches too, you'll see more difference. I'll bet your muscle to bodyfat ratio has changed a lot.

20-30 miles seems like a lot to me. I do like 6 miles a week :no:

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Slow your roll Cowgirl. You're a taken woman! Don't get all googly schoolgirl on me now!

Status
Not open for further replies.