Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Disregard previous query. It's all posted now, and I have info I don't really need.

So, basically, I'm like, happy.

How's you arm? That Yankee rookie 1st baseman with the Princeton history degree had to pitch two innings last night since the Yanks were getting blown out and they didn't want to waste a reliever being down by double digits. .

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
He probably was distracted and turned toward the distraction.
What or who was in your shower?

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and SCyclone

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
How's you arm? That Yankee rookie 1st baseman with the Princeton history degree had to pitch two innings last night since the Yanks were getting blown out and they didn't want to waste a reliever being down by double digits. .

Not injured from pitching.
Have them call me, sign me to the minimum, prorated or otherwise.
They can cut me after a day, pay me, and I'll act like it's a postdoc.

• Funny
Reactions: wxman1 and NWICY

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Remember when there was some reference/discussion of how bad little boys are with the bathroom aim? The high pressure and short barrels and no attention to details like aim thing. Was cleaning guest bath because having a little party Saturday (last Saturdays postponed party in redux) and noticed staining on the shower glass adjacent to the toilet. Yeah, one of the little dudes missed by that much. It's 12" from the side of the toilet. :eek:

If he's anything like my boy he dropped his pants and stood there with hands on his hips just letting it fly then adjust to eventually direct it into the toilet. It seems like he gets it directed properly just as it starts tapering off.

I've tried teaching him to use his hands to point and shoot, but that seems to be about the only time he doesn't have his hand down there.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Job #3 is a go.
I was concerned, since yesterday's manager kept referring to my degree. That's a huge red flag.
But she asked if I wanted to move forward and said she'd forward it to the folks I'd be working with. I assumed that carried an unspoken "and I'll recommend that they get over it."
But the folks I'd work for love me, so they broke the "maybe in two weeks" timeframe and called today. Now someone is trying to work over HR to get me into a training session that kicks off Tuesday.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I am pretty excited about tomorrow. Wine on the deck party is on. Bunch o'neighbors and friends coming over. Weather does not appear to suck. Refrig is working. Have ton-o-wine.

Won't have to do my usual George Thorogood thing "Yeah, you know when I drink alone I prefer to by myself". o_O

I should probably buy a key lime pie or two. ;)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Of course I may have some monster bug issues. On the stucco wall next to my deck this morning.

UonL3Yle4lMBVJuOA54VBNqplVLit50aIDpCgsehSpwNQugXzE28Xqg94DRWDk5t4o1X1iYRPBltQxSpHTcZ7px7IQlzL2joxnaDo2YQhUHA9aM1zwwTYwNKrR7C8TrYm-Os7k9m3xS7iEQ1gEOCXrn6cfrBN-mzZ7x52V0xh5D2Q0LomNz03z1ij4eM6V0RAPpo5gRlrMvfD8AKAPkpUmLpIHkLrDrz_hhoH2avVBq6ii_kByfGTIK3WEb-lVGabkNLYMacpGHpjbexg6dHrNBZuBYlYpoGvHs_dLRmES26AQiri1vsXPiMM0PNEYgNLpGjDZZmugTII5RfNRadn-kEA1jDXq1zUMsZ2qAXISqmzjoXQOnabqUJDTMbTw09J1voDQTD0deD9bTlbylT9P91eb-fuXXPzt8qJJa-0whQhRz_UxYYUlKeOVNe40QSox99Th2UFcUJTrxzzETOmOJP39ZL4GgopOaZjzwba5RPCGz42015nUwRGCNfuWeDf7WbHNDn9gJWc4p3NNnDf2DNnsdva7rK1twEGaiueOryb85RdibtjbSndSO-JOoSnetsB4B6UsTXiEBXIEIl-6pVByRW8UR5XDdM1rdpYcmInXqQyDldlzhIO-FgYSTS7smDbXh3tLtBR25Ou9M-gIKjIALhb9Q=w594-h625-no

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Not even a first-world question, just an impatient one.
Ames was going to show class assignments on the parent portals today at noon for elementary students.
Is Kindergarten not counted there, or are they just behind on something we don't really need to know today.

In other news, I see that two teachers Z might be working with used to be my students. So, that's a thing.
At the school i worked at the kindergartners usually had a separate night where they met teachers and got class assignments.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
In Illinois...by choice. Sister's 40th birthday. My aunt (our only aunt) and myself surprised her. Yes, she was surprised. Here's the kicker...

My aunt's taking the official guest bedroom, my sister's old room. I am holed up currently in my old room. Iiiiii'mmmm....curious to see how my semi-conscious mind is going to react when I wake up tomorrow. Suddenly transported back 25 years? Who knows.

Reactions: NWICY

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
If he's anything like my boy he dropped his pants and stood there with hands on his hips just letting it fly then adjust to eventually direct it into the toilet. It seems like he gets it directed properly just as it starts tapering off.

I've tried teaching him to use his hands to point and shoot, but that seems to be about the only time he doesn't have his hand down there.
I resolved that by giving them old toothbrushes and a can of Comet. Get your head down there by the stale urine & scrub a couple of times and you learn how to aim the dang thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.