Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Just effing great. Last Nordic ski meet of the season and I see daughter coming by me about 100m from the finish and I can tell that she is holding back tears. Turns out she had a bad fall and her knee is hurting her bad. She thinks it "popped" as she fell with it at an awkward angle. She and Mrs. Velo are at the orthopedist's office right now.

Same knee she had ACL surgery on about 2 years ago.

If there is a bright side, despite being on the ground for a while and skiing the second half of the course injured my unofficial timekeeping says she shaved about 2 minutes off of her previous time on this course. Gutsy.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
So they said that I drove over something which caused the crack in the cover, but I can see the cover they replaced and it's on the side, not the bottom. Not sure why they thought that then.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Kneemonia update:

When she was describing where it hurt I told her that it sounded like a medial collateral ligament. What does the doc say? Sprained MCL. I'm not wrong all of the time - just when speaking to my better half.

Sprained sounds so much better than ruptured or torn. They think that she should be able to start easing into return to soccer in 2-3 weeks. Meanwhile she is on crutches.

Crisis averted.

Thanks for the positive thoughts. :)

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
Kneemonia update:

When she was describing where it hurt I told her that it sounded like a medial collateral ligament. What does the doc say? Sprained MCL. I'm not wrong all of the time - just when speaking to my better half.

Sprained sounds so much better than ruptured or torn. They think that she should be able to start easing into return to soccer in 2-3 weeks. Meanwhile she is on crutches.

Crisis averted.

Good for her that it was only a sprain. So how long, distance and time, is a Nordic ski race?

Reactions: VeloClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Kneemonia update:

Crisis averted.

Anything but ACL. Just poor news instead of horrible news.

Also, sons Knee pops every morning so a pop may just be a pop now.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Three Tom turkeys were having some testosterones overload today. It's that time of year. Was up by Turkey Corner where I see them a lot. Chased the mailman and than his truck. Than chased the next car as they blocked the road. I stopped walking that way and thought, not worth messing with them and rerouted my walkabout.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Kneemonia update:

Crisis averted.

Damn think of the money you could have saved with out that 2nd diagnosis Dr. Velo. ;)

Glad the injury wasn't any worse than it was. Hope she heals quickly.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Three Tom turkeys were having some testosterones overload today. It's that time of year. Was up by Turkey Corner where I see them a lot. Chased the mailman and than his truck. Than chased the next car as they blocked the road. I stopped walking that way and thought, not worth messing with them and rerouted my walkabout.
Turkeys by a place called turkey corner.............................seems logical.

Plus, don't mess with them, they can get mean.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Kneemonia update:

Crisis averted.

Not to be all Marcus Welby, but sprains can actually be tears. Depends on the severity. My hope, or course, is that she has a mild sprain without tearing. Those should heal in 7-10 days, with rest.

The good part is her youth should help speed the healing process. Keep us posted!

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

That reminded me of David Brenner's old routine when he said he thought the bravest man ever was the one who fist tried cow's milk. After the laughing subsided, Brenner says: "Imagine 2 guys, standing and looking at a cow. One says to the other, 'See that bag hanging down underneath it? I'm gonna go drink the first thing that comes out of it!'"

Status
Not open for further replies.