Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Didn't seem as smoky today but official readings were bad. Wore mask while doing bikeabout again. Had to tape it to my nose to keep sunglasses from fogging up.

Longest and fastest ride of year even though I wasn't trying to push it much. I spy zero corgi's in 27 miles but did see three topless walkers at Bde Maka Ska which is something new for 2021. ;)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Ask them who you are then.

tenor.gif

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wife is swapping out our good dishes for what has been our everyday stuff. (Wonder if that means new good dishes are on the way?). Son moving into an apartment at college. So he is most likely getting the old everyday ones for his apartment at ISU. Every day ones were bought new 25+ year ago when I moved into an apartment for ISU.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Wife is swapping out our good dishes for what has been our everyday stuff. (Wonder if that means new good dishes are on the way?). Son moving into an apartment at college. So he is most likely getting the old everyday ones for his apartment at ISU. Every day ones were bought new 25+ year ago when I moved into an apartment for ISU.
My everyday dishes are from 1992

Reactions: BCClone

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Smoke on the water
A fire in the sky

Damn, it is crazy SMOKY outside. Had to wear a mask while doing rideabout. Did a little with/without mask test and mask really helped.

View attachment 87630
My daughter, who lives in the Twin Cities, said it smelled like someone burning plastic plates.

My wife could smell it yesterday in Des Moines, but her olfactory is much better than mine.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Ah, finding parts for a 1986 Model 70 Sears washing machine. Need new inlet valve, cold sides failed either electronical or mechanically and it makes cray cray noise and hardly flows. . Real Sears supply doesn't have them in stock. Taking a chance on Amazon. Really no such thing as OEM for this old stuff. Would like to also replace an interior supply hose but nobody makes them.. Guess I'll look at it when I open it up and see if I can buy some basic car radiator hose in the right diameter....think I can.
I know this is late, but have you tried Dey?

• Informative
Reactions: oldman

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Until we moved into this house in 2003 and finally bought an oak dining table, my kitchen table was the formica one my parents bought shortly after they married in 1949. I still have it downstairs as a "crafts" table. :)
I'm not a big fan of our disposable society; I love seeing stories like yours and Gr8's

Reactions: BCClone

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
With cases on the rise, I'm beginning to doubt my work will be returning to the office in September. We shall see.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I know this is late, but have you tried Dey?

I had not. Got the part via the Amazon since even the alliance suppliers were selling "no brand name" and no one had actual OEM. Out of curiosity I check the Dey peeps just now, special order from them.

Haven't installed the part yet, cause Boxster is a lazy bastard.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Rode the big ride. Was worried about the heat, 80+ miles and hills on the first day since I barely trained - I didn't decide to ride until second week of July. DND. Don't get me wrong, it was hot but each day wasn't as bad as I feared. Was a really good week. I even pulled the drink machine the day some of the guys took the gravel loop. Again, DND.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
With cases on the rise, I'm beginning to doubt my work will be returning to the office in September. We shall see.

Unofficial rumors started flying a couple of weeks ago that we will not be proceeding any further on the return to work plan until after next flu season.

• Informative
Reactions: ScottyP

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Rode the big ride. Was worried about the heat, 80+ miles and hills on the first day since I barely trained - I didn't decide to ride until second week of July. DND. Don't get me wrong, it was hot but each day wasn't as bad as I feared. Was a really good week. I even pulled the drink machine the day some of the guys took the gravel loop. Again, DND.
Glad to hear you DND. I was wondering if that was where you were since you had been gone from here for a bit...
Ah yes...that pernicious drink machine...

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

You were in my neck of the woods Friday.

Reactions: VeloClone
Status
Not open for further replies.