Post Positive Stuff Here

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
My wife gave birth to our first child a week ago today. Everyone is happy and healthy. I’m very thankful. Due to the pandemic, I’m able to work from home longer. Without the pandemic I’d only have 2 weeks off and have to report to the office but being able to work from home for a longer period is really nice with a newborn.

Watching my wife go through a pregnancy and delivery, I realized how amazing And special the female body is. I have always respected women but going through a pregnancy and delivery, it was really eye opening. It’s hard to explain to someone who hasn’t gone through it and those that have know what I mean.

Waukee4Cy

Feb 4, 2020
My wife gave birth to our first child a week ago today. Everyone is happy and healthy. I’m very thankful. Due to the pandemic, I’m able to work from home longer. Without the pandemic I’d only have 2 weeks off and have to report to the office but being able to work from home for a longer period is really nice with a newborn.

Watching my wife go through a pregnancy and delivery, I realized how amazing And special the female body is. I have always respected women but going through a pregnancy and delivery, it was really eye opening. It’s hard to explain to someone who hasn’t gone through it and those that have know what I mean.
Taking care of a newborn is at LEAST a two-person job. Congrats!

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA

Congrats and glad to hear everyone is doing well. I believe if men had to bear children, there would only be one child in every family. Our wives are amazing.

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
After 20 years of fighting almost every other day of hardcore debilitating migraines, my Mom has finally found some something that works from Mayo. She’s had a good three month run.

I can’t tell you how big of smile I get when I see her not in pain, smiling, and being able to actually enjoy and experience life again.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Am considering starting this with our 4 year old. Taught the 11 year old at about 5, though. 4 might be too aggressive.
Our 4 year old picked it up during quarantine. I think the key was she started with a balance bike. She used the training wheels for a couple days and then we just went for it. It's amazing how fast they can learn.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I got an email rejection for a job I applied for.

Which means my other 2 applications to the same company are still under consideration.

BOOM

2 rejection letters.

But still one open application!

I’m likely one of their top candidates for this last job. Making up my list of demands for the negotiation now.

This is going great!!

Reactions: Sparkplug

ameslurker

Jan 21, 2013
When Covid hit the US the wife and I were leaning toward getting a dog. We ended up adopting this three-legged pup. As weird as it is to say, coming home to him so excited to see us every day is so pure and gets me to forget about pretty much anything negative from the day. Sure he can annoy the crap out of me sometimes (why does he want to start barking at 6am now?) but I love this derpy guy so much.

106799373_10222338169501323_1726870012010182980_n.jpg

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
PBA Bowler Kyle Troup.

troup.kyle_taylorsvillenc_2016wsob-e1512149649348.jpg

Kyle Troup’s father, Guppy Troup, going up against WRW Jr. back in the day.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Working from home I've been able to listen to all the music I want without having to be respectful or mindful of co-workers. So that's been nice. Just being out of the office setting has been a really good experience overall.

And in the spirit of this thread and post, something quite positive.....

Reactions: 2020cy and jbindm

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
gifs_03-15.gif

I was in Georgia having a beer with a friend and I saw this guy on TV. Told my friend to turn around and he says "that's amazing!" Friend isn't a sports fan but he occasionally watches pro bowling now.
Pro bowlers as a group have unexpected levels of swagger

Reactions: ISUKyro

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
gifs_03-15.gif

I was in Georgia having a beer with a friend and I saw this guy on TV. Told my friend to turn around and he says "that's amazing!" Friend isn't a sports fan but he occasionally watches pro bowling now.

I had a friend from my high school that competed on the pro tour. He wasn't good enough to make it on tv more than a couple times though.

Adjusting to oil patterns is not an easy thing. Easier when you are on your home lane.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron