Post Positive Stuff Here

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
Seems that the vast majority of what we read anymore (even here) is negative or at least is dealing with the hot topics in the country/world. I've got to believe SOME good things have come out of the past 6 months?

I'll start...when this virus crap started, I decided to focus on trying to be more healthy...for a few reasons, but mostly because the "at home" mandates gave me time and I figured I'd take advantage of it.

Since then, I've committed to some sort of movement (walking, wogging, riding my bike, etc.) for no less than 35-45 minutes a day. Decided not to drink as much (booze and beer) and voila!...I lost nearly 25 pounds.

Anyone have anything good? Doesn't have to be health...maybe music, food, something???

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
giphy.gif

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
My son finally passed his constipation from eating too much cheese over the weekend. Hallelujah!

As a parent, positivities take many small forms.

Reactions: mj4cy and CyBri

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
My wife and I were experiencing infertility for the past 3 years. We recently found out that we are expecting a baby in January.

Congrats on being the jerk that makes my kid’s poo win seem meaningless:)

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
A Simple Act of Gratitude

I read this book about eight-ten years ago, and now I do a much better job of being grateful.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/henrydevries/2015/12/17/a-simple-act-of-gratitude/#4371511b51e4

During this pandemic, I wrote letters to elderly relatives just to check in with them and the man who hired me for my first professional job. Everyone loved the letters and wrote one back and my old boss gave me a call from where he lives in AZ to chat a while.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Making a couple of trips soon that will be in areas that having access to internet is very limited so I won't be prone to see all of the news.

It's good to be informed but constant tidal waves of bad news is simply anxiety inducing.

I was yakpacking about a month ago and after spending a day paddling around, setting up camp, bear bagging, etc., my mood shifted dramatically when I made the mistake of looking at my phone.

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
Great idea for a thread, 2020 has been such a train wreck that sometimes it's hard to remember some of the good things.

I took a new job that was a big step up professionally at the beginning of March. Also, I moved to a new apartment and finally feeling settled after relocating early in 2019.

Cyfern

Sep 26, 2019
Seems that the vast majority of what we read anymore (even here) is negative or at least is dealing with the hot topics in the country/world. I've got to believe SOME good things have come out of the past 6 months?

I'll start...when this virus crap started, I decided to focus on trying to be more healthy...for a few reasons, but mostly because the "at home" mandates gave me time and I figured I'd take advantage of it.

Since then, I've committed to some sort of movement (walking, wogging, riding my bike, etc.) for no less than 35-45 minutes a day. Decided not to drink as much (booze and beer) and voila!...I lost nearly 25 pounds.

Anyone have anything good? Doesn't have to be health...maybe music, food, something???
BACK THE BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Great idea for a thread, 2020 has been such a train wreck that sometimes it's hard to remember some of the good things.

I took a new job that was a big step up professionally at the beginning of March. Also, I moved to a new apartment and finally feeling settled after relocating early in 2019.

I started an informal job search (just put out feelers) before COVID started. Once it really hit and set in, I sort of resigned myself to thinking that I'd be stuck in my job for at least another year, if not more, due to economic downturn. I've been pleasantly surprised to have 3 solid offers come in, just by reaching out to my own contacts.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
We bought a camper and have really enjoyed going camping with the kids. They've really taken to it and it's fun to see them doing things together. Pre-COVID this probably never happens. But with less to do we decided to take it up and are having a great time with it.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Working from home I've been able to listen to all the music I want without having to be respectful or mindful of co-workers. So that's been nice. Just being out of the office setting has been a really good experience overall.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron