Post Positive Stuff Here

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Would have to say not spending as much money since we aren't going out or eating out like we normally would has been a positive. It has allowed us to be more generous with giving to charitable organizations that need the help right now assisting people affected in some way or another by the pandemic. We've also been able to put some more money in the kids 529 college savings plan and replenish some of the savings we had to dip into last year for a couple big item repair expenses we had to pay for. When we do get carry out or use a local business service that you would tip we've been much more generous with our tips there too knowing we've spent less than usual there by not eating out or getting a hair cut as often, etc.

So this whole situation kind of forced us into changing our spending habits a little bit by default I guess but the trick will be when things finally get back to normal are we going to fall back into the spending habits we had before that probably needed to be tightened up a bit before this all happened so that has kind of turned into a positive in some ways.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
C0183701-Calcium,_atomic_structure.jpg

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I got an email rejection for a job I applied for.

Which means my other 2 applications to the same company are still under consideration.

BOOM

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I got engaged. Marriage #2. Gaining 3 daughters in the process so now have 4 amazing daughters in my life. I realize opinions will vary widely on this being "positive", but I'm excited.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I got engaged. Marriage #2. Gaining 3 daughters in the process so now have 4 amazing daughters in my life. I realize opinions will vary widely on this being "positive", but I'm excited.
As long as its positive to you, that is what matters.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
My retirement (opening a restaurant) is finally opening August 31st.

central Iowa restaurant or where is it located? Throughout the pandemic My wife and I have tried our damnedest to support locally owned restaurants in the dsm area and I’d be glad to add a fellow cyclones to our list if you’re in the area

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

As long as its positive to you, that is what matters.
Anyone that has a problem with that can go pound sand. Life’s too short.

Best of luck and congrats.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Anyone that has a problem with that can go pound sand. Life’s too short.

Best of luck and congrats.
Thanks! I was just joking because we all grumble about marriage and kids from time to time, but it is an amazingly positive development in my life. My fiance is a wonderful and supportive person and I always wanted more children and siblings for my daughter and we got that +3! It's been a crazy journey in my life from my divorce 4 years ago to where I am at today. A little bit of it is even chronicled here on CF.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Would have to say not spending as much money since we aren't going out or eating out like we normally would has been a positive. It has allowed us to be more generous with giving to charitable organizations that need the help right now assisting people affected in some way or another by the pandemic. We've also been able to put some more money in the kids 529 college savings plan and replenish some of the savings we had to dip into last year for a couple big item repair expenses we had to pay for. When we do get carry out or use a local business service that you would tip we've been much more generous with our tips there too knowing we've spent less than usual there by not eating out or getting a hair cut as often, etc.

So this whole situation kind of forced us into changing our spending habits a little bit by default I guess but the trick will be when things finally get back to normal are we going to fall back into the spending habits we had before that probably needed to be tightened up a bit before this all happened so that has kind of turned into a positive in some ways.

Yeah, that was us initially. I gave to a few charities early on. We saved for a few months, then just dropped gobs of money the past month on larger items. So, in all reality, it probably equaled out.

Help Support Us

Become a patron