Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Well, I guess there is *one* piece of positive news in this...

1597423506432.png

...but there are three bad ones.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I wonder this what this means for a vaccine. Do vaccine generate T-cells, or just antibodies? Antibodies do not appear to stay around for long.

I think the vaccine creates the antibodies, then the T-Cells go into effect after they wane off, so in some way a vaccine does both? Perhaps the vaccine will make stronger longer lasting antibodies to start though?

Haha, one positive is I've learned or relearned about how this stuff works over the last several months.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I wonder this what this means for a vaccine. Do vaccine generate T-cells, or just antibodies? Antibodies do not appear to stay around for long.

Requoting but what I'd like to know is if in fact someone becomes re-infected, even if it's not severe, what it means for how contagious you are.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That is definitely part of it. He talks about it in the video. However, they've also corrected for age, and are finding that people in most African countries are dying less, and having less severe illness than people of the same age in Western countries.

The doctor in the video, Dr. John Campbell, has been terrified of what might happen in Africa for months, with their high poverty levels, dense cities, and poor healthcare. For some reason, they just aren't being hammered by it like other places. They appear to have a high number of infections, but not the severe illness and deaths.

With poverty and those other factors could it be that other other viruses have been more prevalent and perhaps lead to a bit of immunity like they're theorizing here with having a previous cold?

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

kcbob79clone

For some reason, African countries are seeing extremely low death rates compared to the western world, despite having worse healthcare systems and living in extremely densely populated cities with little social distancing. Like 8x lower IFR, or more. Is this due to diet, lower median age, sun exposure, high levels of past exposure to other coronaviruses, a weaker strain of virus? No one seems to know yet. It is very interesting, and very good news for Africa, as the virus does not appear to be killing people in those countries at the same rate as Europe, the U.S. and South America.

NIH study says it may have something to do with anti-malaria drugs. Malaria very common in Africa but not here so a lot of the population is either taking anti-malaria drugs or have taken them. IMO the lack of obesity in Africa cannot be overlooked.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
NIH study says it may have something to do with anti-malaria drugs. Malaria very common in Africa but not here so a lot of the population is either taking anti-malaria drugs or have taken them. IMO the lack of obesity in Africa cannot be overlooked.

Agree with both points. The anti- malarial connection has actually been known for a while now. I think it’s fascinating how therapeutic treatments for a parasite can lead to resistance for a coronavirus. I guess that’s why I did what I did for 32 years.

kcbob79clone

From Yahoo News, more positive news, Dr. Fauci says as long as precautions are taken voting at the polls ok.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
From Yahoo News, more positive news, Dr. Fauci says as long as precautions are taken voting at the polls ok.

Id think if people have masks it should be fine. I’m going to try to vote early if possible

Reactions: aauummm

kcbob79clone

If this is a repeat I'm sorry.

Vitamin D for coronavirus

Reactions: larrysarmy

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
Maybe because most Americans don't like the idea of the federal government tracking them.
Jesus H Christ, they're not implanting a tracking device in your skull. They just want to know who you may have come into contact with in the previous couple of weeks.

I didn't realize you're interaction with the Hy-Vee check out person was so clandestine.

Status
Not open for further replies.