• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I'm trying to cancel my membership but find nothing online that allows me to do that. Can you let me know how best to accomplish???? Thanks...

Seriously - I've reached out 3-4 times to find out how to adjust my account on this site and I can find nowhere on these pages, and no-one affiliated with the site to help me...

bstegs

SuperFanatic
Apr 11, 2006
Champaign, IL
Not exactly a forum bug, but the site as a whole will not load when using chrome 89.0.4356.6 on my PC in either regular or incognito mode. Restart does not fix it.

The site does load in firefox on the same PC and Chrome beta on my android device behind the same wifi network with no issues.

Any suggestions?

Code:
This site can’t be reached
The webpage at https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Seems to be fixed now.

Last edited:

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I haven't read this entire thread but I'm not getting notifications for likes or mentions.

Last edited:

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
Selection bullets on polls are unresponsive to your tap or click, they allow you to submit, but you're doing so blind (selection doesn't fill in the bullet with what you have selected). Chrome on PC and Android. Example, I've selected the top option below, but there is no visual feedback to show that I have.
1610992784895.png

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I'm in Firefox and in addition to this happening with polls, I also see weird ASCII text boxes where those green dots should be under a user's picture that indicates that that user is presently online.

Suddenly, I can see polls. I don't think anything changed in the browsers I use, but I can see them for the first time in a long time.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Under "Preferences" the little selection boxes have either a "F1, 4A" or an "F0, CB" in them instead of being blank or containing a checkmark.
Windows 10 and Firefox here. Thanks for fixing the little selection boxes! Also the little "online or offline" guy at the bottom of our avatar and the selection boxes on polls all show up properly. Thanks again!

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
@ChrisMWilliams @JStanz51 , it seems the forum permissions are broken at the moment, on iOS and desktop - I don't have an android device to test.

I've tried Chrome and Firefox browsers (lord help me I haven't sunk to the depths of opening Edge yet), but it's still allowing new MBB coaching threads to be created.

giphy.gif

• Dumb
Reactions: ISUAgronomist

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I got this as well this morning. Also, my last few posts have basically pinwheeled until I exited the page manually (but the posts have still appeared).
Got a sever error it said. I could get in on private mode, so thought maybe I was banned, but when I clicked on a link in my history it took me into a thread. As long as I don’t try to go through the forums, just snake through the back arrows and such I can navigate.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I got this as well this morning. Also, my last few posts have basically pinwheeled until I exited the page manually (but the posts have still appeared).

I had thought it was my VPN - same here!

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Got a sever error it said. I could get in on private mode, so thought maybe I was banned, but when I clicked on a link in my history it took me into a thread. As long as I don’t try to go through the forums, just snake through the back arrows and such I can navigate.
I can view the threads if I click on recent posts.

But clicking on forums gets me the error message.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Getting this error message on random clicks

"Fatal error: Uncaught XF\Db\Exception: Too many connections in /home/cyclonef/public_html/forum/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php:165 Stack trace: #0 /home/cyclonef/public_html/forum/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php(28): XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->makeConnection(Array) #1 /home/cyclonef/public_html/forum/src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(60): XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->getConnection() #2 /home/cyclonef/public_html/forum/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php(113): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->connect() #3 /home/cyclonef/public_html/forum/src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(516): XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->escapeString('options') #4 /home/cyclonef/public_html/forum/src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(494): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->quote('options') #5 /home/cyclonef/public_html/forum/src/XF/DataRegistry.php(138): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->quote(Array) #6 /home/cyclonef/public_html/forum/src/XF/DataRegistry.php(83): XF\DataRegistry->readFromDb(Array, Array) #7 /home/cyclonef/public_html/forum/src/XF/DataRegistry.php(226): XF\DataRegistry->get(Array) #8 /home/cyclonef/public_html/forum in /home/cyclonef/public_html/forum/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php on line 165"

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I can't get in at all on iPhone/Safari.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I've been experiencing all these issues too, and everything seems to be working fine as of the last couple of minutes.

Edit: although as soon as I hit "submit" on that post it seemed to hang, but posted anyway.