PJ Fleck legit?

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I don't think it is an excuse - just reality. There are enough people but pretty much anyone who didn't go the U never develops the connection because they connect to the pro sports teams instead. After all, the Twin Cities is one of just a handful of metro areas boasting each of an NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB and MLS franchise. I would imagine one of the smaller metros to do so as well.

there is only one "The U" and it isn't in Minnesota

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
there is only one "The U" and it isn't in Minnesota
Yeah, I knew that would get a response. There are a lot of universities that have called themselves that for a long time. They just haven't had the football success during the TV era to make everyone else immediately think of their university when someone says "The U".

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
People here seem pretty invested in the desire that a team we don't even play and a coach with no ISU or Big 12 connections is unsuccessful. Like Fleck stole their toddlers candy or something. :rolleyes:
Could be. I still think he's an a$$****, don't you? Of course we sometimes recruit against each other, so having a down Minnesota might not be all bad (though it would mean an easy win for Iowa).

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Great. The University of Minnesota has been known as "The U" locally since well before 1925 - the year the University of Miami was founded.

Great no one outside of Minny would say Minnesota is the "U". Any other brilliant examples?

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
When Luther Campbell starts rapping about Minnesota, then they can call themselves 'the U'

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
He is a good coach. Obviously they have not had a good schedule or beat anyone really but honestly Minnesota with a winning record is pretty good. We are 3-2 and it's not like we have beat much either. I will judge him later when he plays some better teams.

Beating TCU by 25 isn't beating anyone?

At least you still have the most appropriate handle on the site ;)

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
You seriously weren't bright enough to follow that simple logic?

Him: It's been called the U in Minnesota for more than a century.
You: No one outside of Minnesota calls it the U.
Him: That's ok, I live in Minnesota.
You: I don't get it.

What logic? The "U" is Miami I dont care if he lives in Minnesota and they call that up there.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
I don't know jack about PJ Fleck with Minnesota.

I do know that early in the 2010 season I bought a couple not so good seats on the cheap at stubhub for the Iowa @ Minnesota game. Iowa fans were starting to buy them up anticipating a Big 10 title. Min/Iowa was heading towards a sell out early that year. I flipped those tickets for more than double I paid. Iowa had just won at Michigan a couple days earlier and it was perfect timing to sell. Hawks lost to UW the next Saturday. Iowa also lost to the Goophers that year.

/cool story bro

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
FCS and D2 are the same thing. So Yeah they may not be D2 but they are a whole level below us in the FCS ranks. If you are trying to say Minnesota has not played anyone, then brag about our wins. You are failing because we have beat lesser teams. TCU is down this year and everyone knows it.

You should read more about the different levels of college football.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
yall are way too focused on the 5-0
forget the 5-0
2017 5-7
2018 7-6
2019 5-0 [probably finish 9-4?]

but its the way the team looks and the excitement he is building up there
also love the idea of 'sunday night football'

according to rivals:
team recruiting ratings
2018 -> 43
2019 -> 41
2020 -> 29
2021 -> 17

What is the point you’re trying to make?

he’s played a bunch of **** teams, and should have lost two of them.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Minnesota's best win was against Purdue. Their Sagarin rating is 85
Iowa States best win is TCU. Their Sagarin rating is 34.

ISU Sagarin rating: 22
Minnesota Sagarin rating: 46

So saying our wins haven't been better is just objectively wrong. Please see yourself out.

you have to understand that the poster you quoted wakes up every single day of his life striving to live up to his screen name.

it seems this **** thread is an overreaction to still being mad we lost Iowa’s Super Bowl.

• Agree
Reactions: SouthernCy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron