Pizza Ranch

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Pizza ranch is pretty solid for chicken and broasted potatoes. Pizza is ok, which is a huge step up from where it was when they first opened, doughy, a lot a sugar in the sauce, like Chef Boyardee on stale crackers. Salad bar is pretty good, although it seems like it has a better selection at some places than others.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I've heard rumor they are opening one on 90th Street just south of Maple in Omaha. I've never tried it and from reading through this thread it doesn't sound like I will be any time soon.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Whenever I go to Pizza Ranch, I gorge myself on chicken. I can't stop eating it. I just keep going back for more. I disgust myself.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I don't get anything but Domino's anymore. Had Pizza Ranch about a month ago and it was more expensive and not that great. After Domino's makeover I don't know why you'd get anything else. Two medium two toppings for $5.99 and they are better than anything Pizza Ranch makes. Pizza hut has been too greasy last few times and that's what they get for a lot of work meetings so I get my fill anyway. Haven't had Papa John's in too long to remember. I miss Godfather's. I'd say go Pizza Ranch for buffet during lunch if you want variety pizza, but there's a lot better lunch meals for $9.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
My thoughts on Pizza Ranch:

- The broasted chicken is fantastic, as is the cactus bread!
- I miss the onion chips they used to have.
- Salad bar is pretty good; (nothing special about the ranch).
- Sweet Swine, Stampede and Tuscan Roma...nuff said.
- Every time I see the Pizza Ranch logo, I gain about 5 lbs....to which, I proceed to fancy the buffet and gain about 15 more.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Alright guys, I've been taking notes on everyones thoughts on Pizza Ranch and here's what I've got:

- You can ask for whatever pizza you want on the buffet...which you can do at most pizza buffets I believe (at least at Valentinos and I believe Pizza Hut?)

- CrazyGreg likes free ice cream, which you can find at most buffet restaurants, at least in Ames

- Bret is now Britt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AdamJGray

CyBri

Mar 2, 2012
Valentino's isn't even close to the Pizza Ranch. The Ranch (thats what us pizza ranch fans call it) is awesome. Order some roundup and chicken and then be prepared to have the best night of your life.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
From Wikipedia: "The Pizza Ranch vision is 'To glorify God by positively impacting the world we live in.'"

Which would explain why they don't have deviled eggs or devil's food cake.