Pizza Ranch

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
They have some nice specialty pizzas on their buffet. It's not the best pizza in the world (not even close) - however, I think if you went to the buffet you would be satisfied. Cactus bread is solid.

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
Desert Pizza are AWESOME!
Fried Chicken is well above average - They also rotate different sauces with their fired chicken, which are pretty good(BBQ, Teryaki, Buffalo)
The waukee location has an amazing ice cream machine. By amazing - I mean the free kind. WAY WAY better than the ones you always find in Chinese buffets. Not icy at all but creamy.
The buffet pizza is below average. They will make any pizza you want and bring it to you.
The buffet also has cheesestick which are VERY good.
If you order a pizza by itself - It is better than the buffet pizzas.
All-in-all: It is a very nice place to go for a good cheap buffet. I want to say the lunch buffet is like $8.99(drink included)

P.S. they also have a salad bar... If you are into that kind of thing

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Desert Pizza are AWESOME!
Fried Chicken is well above average - They also rotate different sauces with their fired chicken, which are pretty good(BBQ, Teryaki, Buffalo)
The waukee location has an amazing ice cream machine. By amazing - I mean the free kind. WAY WAY better than the ones you always find in Chinese buffets. Not icy at all but creamy.
The buffet pizza is below average. They will make any pizza you want and bring it to you.
The buffet also has cheesestick which are VERY good.
If you order a pizza by itself - It is better than the buffet pizzas.
All-in-all: It is a very nice place to go for a good cheap buffet. I want to say the lunch buffet is like $8.99(drink included)

P.S. they also have a salad bar... If you are into that kind of thing

​A VERY GOOD SALAD BAR!!!!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The fried chickens are great. I have no problem with Pizza Ranch.

maxresdefault.jpg

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
Ask for special pizzas. They will make them fresh and bring them right to your table and hook you up with a few slices. Then you don't hafta eat all the booger finger pizza on the buffet.

My two personal favorites are pepperoni with Alfredo sauce, and the OJ Simpson (the standard "Bronco" pizza but with Alfredo sauce.) GET IT? THATS FUNNY

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
Not sure if you can find a better deal on a pretty damn good buffet. Casey's still takes the cake though.