Opinions on that INT

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Note in the rule posted above..."and both players return to the ground at the same time" What isn't posted is that the rules go on to say that possession goes to the player that landed first if they had simultaneous possession. The goes to the passing team is only if they land at the same time. Who landed first? That is the question. Whoever landed first if it wasn't simultaneous should have been awarded the catch.

Just watched again...pretty damn close to simultaneous

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Note in the rule posted above..."and both players return to the ground at the same time" What isn't posted is that the rules go on to say that possession goes to the player that landed first if they had simultaneous possession. The goes to the passing team is only if they land at the same time. Who landed first? That is the question. Whoever landed first if it wasn't simultaneous should have been awarded the catch.

Just watched again...pretty damn close to simultaneous

What is even more amazing in this is that both guys' foot land at the exact same instant.

But everyone needs to watch the video below and go to the 4:07:14 and freeze it. This is when the ball comes in first contact, and it's Marchie's hand over the ball with OSU guy's hand on top of Marchie's. Now look at 4:07:16, almost when it goes to 4:07:17, the OSU's guys left hand comes off for the first time while Marchie's hand stays on. Then at about the 4:07:20 mark the OSU player's left hand comes off a 2nd time while Marchie's stays on it still.

Then I think you can also make the case that at the 4:07:23 mark that the OSU guy's hand is not on the ball once again. And then finally during the 4:07:27 mark Marchie clearly gets total control of the ball while still inbounds. The OSU player never gets total control of the ball until they are way out of bounds.

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
You people that are continuing to embarrass yourselves, trying to convince yourselves and everyone else that that final pass should have been a TD....watch the play in regular speed (like the officials had to) and take off your ROSE COLORED ISU GLASSES. We didn't lose due to that play (see the poor and repetitive defensive play calling). Just ridiculous.

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
Brad Van Vark better hope he doesn’t run into me at the Pizza Ranch restaurant back home when I’m there for Christmas because I will block the broasted chicken until I get an explanation.
Give me a call if you see him, I'll come lock the doors, no one's leaving the ranch until we get answers.

• Funny
Reactions: Doc and BWRhasnoAC

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
You people that are continuing to embarrass yourselves, trying to convince yourselves and everyone else that that final pass should have been a TD....watch the play in regular speed (like the officials had to) and take off your ROSE COLORED ISU GLASSES. We didn't lose due to that play (see the poor and repetitive defensive play calling). Just ridiculous.
As well as the Short field we repeatedly gave them

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
You’re a joke and blatantly wrong.

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010

Actually when you look at it in full speed the OSU player tries to pull Murdoch’s hands away. He makes 3 swipes. It’s only the still shots that make it look like OSU has any control of the ball. There is not a single shot, from any angle where Murdoch is not firmly holding the point of the ball. In fact, Murdoch has it wedged in his elbow joint similar to the way a running back carries a ball. He maintains that throughout the contact with the ground. As they hit the ground the OSU players arms flail and he loses contact with the ball.

Last edited:

Mirata

Oct 27, 2017

Are you suggesting that replay officials can't watch a play in slow motion?

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
[/QUOTE]

Murdoch has firm control of the ball. He’s carrying it the same way a running back carries a ball with one arm. Note the Oklahoma State player is trying to strip the ball. It’s only still shots and the angle of the camera that make it look like anything else.

For fun watch the play upside down, the ball is not pinned on the OSU player. The different perspective will blow your mind or piss you off even more if your a cyclone fan.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: cyclonewino

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
In regular speed I thought it was an interception. However, when a play goes to review like this did, I hope you understand they don't review it in regular speed.

Furthermore, I could point to about 5 other reasons we lost this game, but defense would be low on that list. We actually held OSU under their season average in offensive out put, so that's a win. Mason Rudolf had the worst first quarter of his career, because of the defensive play calling. We stuck with the same defense that got us to this point. Just because Tommy Tuberville had criticized the defensive play calling for the last two weeks does not mean you should as well...

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I pretty much always assume we will draw the short straw when it comes down to questionable calls. We could have won with better defense though. I won't blame the refs for this game.

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
Welcome to Cyfan after a loss, where if you don't wear cardinal and gold glasses you are a troll, and reality doesn't matter.

How about this? Instead another 14 page thread about thread about bad officiating and a B12 deep state conspiracy to screw ISU we talk about how we gave up half a hundred again and two touchdowns at home in the last 8 minutes to lose a game we should have won?

Couple bits of advice:

1) did you notice that this was a thread about the Interception? Because it is. If you didn't want to talk about the Interception, or wanted to talk about the defense that wasn't on the field when the interception was thrown, I'd council that opening a thread about the interception might not be the best way to accomplish that goal.

2) Have you gone looking for a thread about the defense? You seem like you'd like to talk about the defense. My advice to you, as someone who would like to talk about the defense, is to find a thread about the defense in which to... talk about the defense.

3) We have a mostly infinite number of threads that can exist on this forum. If you don't see a thread about the defense, it's perfectly fine to start your own. This thread already had a topic, it's talking about the interception. With no real need to conserve site space or number of threads, there's equally no reason that this thread's topic needs to be shifted. Or that the people engaged in the topic of this thread need to be chastised for sticking to that topic. Start your own, if this isn't what you want to talk about and no other thread exists on the topic you wish to discuss. Leave this poor thread alone.

• Funny
Reactions: quasistellar

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...tate-iowa-state-final-score-interception-play

There are two different angles shown in this article. Green had his right hand underneath the ball as well as his left hand on top of the ball which was against his body. I wish I could upload the other angle but the file is too large. Here is a photo that shows that Green had two hands on the ball against his body.
View attachment 51678

Ok, now give me the one when he hits the ground and his hands come off of the football while MMs both go on the football. That's the damning evidence. He must control that ball through the ground and he does not. Once his hands come loose, that, at the least, give Murdock an opportunity to establish possession of his own.

• Winner
Reactions: FinalFourCy

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
What is even more amazing in this is that both guys' foot land at the exact same instant.

But everyone needs to watch the video below and go to the 4:07:14 and freeze it. This is when the ball comes in first contact, and it's Marchie's hand over the ball with OSU guy's hand on top of Marchie's. Now look at 4:07:16, almost when it goes to 4:07:17, the OSU's guys left hand comes off for the first time while Marchie's hand stays on. Then at about the 4:07:20 mark the OSU player's left hand comes off a 2nd time while Marchie's stays on it still.

Then I think you can also make the case that at the 4:07:23 mark that the OSU guy's hand is not on the ball once again. And then finally during the 4:07:27 mark Marchie clearly gets total control of the ball while still inbounds. The OSU player never gets total control of the ball until they are way out of bounds.

Just watched it for the first time from the ESPN broadcast, and it is more glaring evidence it should have been called. a touchdown. The Oklahoma State player never has control, and his hand comes off multiple times. What is crazy is how the official is right there and almost definitely saw that, yet he still called it an interception. The fact that this was confirmed is also insane.

• Winner
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
After seeing it a hundred times, in slow motion and well as individual snapshots, it's 100% clear that he trapped it against the guy's chest and then ripped it away from him completely as they rolled, so the result of the play should absolutely have been TD Iowa State.

However, I'm not sure that the refs had access to the camera angle that shows this.

• Agree
Reactions: Spam

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
After seeing it a hundred times, in slow motion and well as individual snapshots, it's 100% clear that he trapped it against the guy's chest and then ripped it away from him completely as they rolled, so the result of the play should absolutely have been TD Iowa State.

However, I'm not sure that the refs had access to the camera angle that shows this.

I believe with the DV Sports system Iowa State uses, they have access to all the TV angles, so they should have had this one available.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron