***Okie St Week Thread***

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Ive been impressed with OSU's grit. They got behind vs texas, and iirc were behind at boise too. Hung tough and won. They won't fold like Tech or Texas. Gonna be a tough game unless sanders turns it over a few times.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
A must win game for the Clones in order to get to Dallas! Lose and its disappointment city in a season that will still end with a pretty nice win total.

Bottom 6 of the Big 12 are bad this year. Really can't expect any help from them vs OSU/Baylor.
Baylor does have Texas, TCU, OU, and KSU up next. Should be favored against all but OU. Hopefully they'll slip up somewhere.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
If we win this game we rise in the standings. If we lose this game we fall in the standings.
the-goon-dodgeball.gif

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Probably in the wrong thread to ask this, but did it seem like we were moving Brock around a little more last night and throwing deeper a 'little' more? I realize the opponent often dictates that, and Brock isn't necessarily the most accurate on the real deep balls, but I liked the versatility of the patterns/receptions. Do think we will have to open it up and execute on some deeper routes to beat OkSt. who has an impressive defense.

He was more comfortable in the pocket. Finding a gap and stepping into his throws. When he has time, we get big gains down the field. When he gets pressured and runs straight to the sideline, we're screwed. Oklahoma State has been better than anyone at rattling him, so hopefully that gets fixed.

Reactions: khardbored

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Ive been impressed with OSU's grit. They got behind vs texas, and iirc were behind at boise too. Hung tough and won. They won't fold like Tech or Texas. Gonna be a tough game unless sanders turns it over a few times.

Gundy outcoached Sarkisian. He's milking what they have, which is not as much as they usually do.

If we don't turn it over, we're better.

But Gundy is a better in-game coach than Campbell, and that's not a shot at Campbell. If our crowd shows up like we know they can/will, we win.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He was more comfortable in the pocket. Finding a gap and stepping into his throws. When he has time, we get big gains down the field. When he gets pressured and runs straight to the sideline, we're screwed. Oklahoma State has been better than anyone at rattling him, so hopefully that gets fixed.

The last two years OSU ran a lot of what I call 'junkyard' defense (there's a technical name) with interchangeable LBs and DL so blitzes were hard to come up with.

Hall to the outside helped get past it and imo quick throws taking what's there would too.

So long developing plays would be a disappointment this week.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
This is honestly the team I've wanted to beat more than anyone lately. In conference play, Okie State has been the cryptonite for Campbell and company recently. This is all going to come down to Spencer Sanders. The guy looks terrible almost every week aside from when he has played us.

For whatever reason, we have made that guy look like a Heisman-caliber player the last couple of games against them. Time to win this one and take a step toward getting back to the CCG.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
As a college football media addict, life is so much better after a win. I can listen to every podcast and watch every show without that ping of pain that comes after a loss. Iowa has two weeks of hearing every analyst say "we told you so."

Excited to see 61,500 Cyclones getting loud next Saturday.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Probably in the wrong thread to ask this, but did it seem like we were moving Brock around a little more last night and throwing deeper a 'little' more? I realize the opponent often dictates that, and Brock isn't necessarily the most accurate on the real deep balls, but I liked the versatility of the patterns/receptions. Do think we will have to open it up and execute on some deeper routes to beat OkSt. who has an impressive defense.

It did to me. There were a few plays where you could tell it was by design, as there were targets shadowing his movements downfield (Hall and Brock both had nice plays off Purdy's threat to run).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron