Okie St Dual

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by JM4CY, Jan 19, 2020.

1. CycloneVet

CycloneVet Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Male
    Veterinariian
    Cedar Falls
    Ratings:
    +4,644 / 250 / -11
    You are stupid

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. SouthJerseyCy

SouthJerseyCy Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Ratings:
    +674 / 20 / -0
    I hear a lot of people saying that, and while I think Ian is wrestling great, there was ZERO effort to get a major today. And the coaches seemed ok with that too! I'm not sure what's going on, but you need to have the mentality of keeping going all 7 minutes and pushing for more team points.

I've said it all year, we have more 6-7 point victories than anyone in the nation. You never see a 6-7 point victory from Iowa. Picc could have settled for one but didn't. There was 0 reason for Parker to have 5+ minutes of riding time especially when his 2 TD's came so easily.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
    Male
    Veterinariian
    Cedar Falls
    Ratings:
    +4,644 / 250 / -11
    Didn’t Broderson beat Assad from Iowa?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. crablegs

crablegs Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Ratings:
    +1,099 / 20 / -0
    Yes, but he’s also had some losses that weren’t so great. I wouldn’t peg your hopes on him being a high AA next year. But, he may be better than our current option. I’d expect some ups and downs from him.

5. JM4CY

JM4CY Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Working with people
    America
    Ratings:
    +12,398 / 199 / -8
    Dresser walked over and seemed have a fairly long and somewhat animated conversation with Colbray after he lost. It’s none of my business but it would if been interesting to know what he said. I don’t think Colbray is trying to lose or something. You don’t put that much work in to something you don’t want to be successful at. But he’s got so much damn potential that I hope he can figure out how to bring it all together and dresser can get through to him in some way.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. buf87

buf87 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Male
    Farmer
    Iowa
    Ratings:
    +5,132 / 60 / -2
    Leisure is not. I don’t think Coleman is either

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Land Shark

Land Shark Active Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Ratings:
    +703 / 60 / -7
    and you are soft. It's time to compete man! Demand more from your school. Not talk radio and pep rallys. Let's try this winning thing on for size and see if it works.

8. Land Shark

Land Shark Active Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Ratings:
    +703 / 60 / -7
    I feel about the same as I do now- aside from the last 3 football seasons, nothing is different. At least we won 2 NCAA titles in XC and almost a few more. We won an NCAA crown in wrestling and had more than a few runner up finishes. That time you listed is not much different from what we are now other than it costs more money and delivers pretty much the same results sans Bill and CJL.

9. inCyteful

inCyteful Well-Known Member
    SuperFanatic SuperFanatic T2

Feb 28, 2012
    Male
    Executive
    Fort Collins, CO
    Ratings:
    +5,016 / 118 / -4
    No kidding, I mean seriously - why isn't everyone just rooting for the top programs. Lets say we had the success of Baylor, problem would be there would still be Oklahoma. Or maybe you can hold your nose and become a hok. How patient would you be to become THEEEE Ohio State?

So while you are looking up to other programs, overall, you wish were like, where would you place ISU in the Big XII?

10. cyfan964

cyfan964 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Ratings:
    +477 / 17 / -0
    I waited to cool off to post, probably should wait longer, but 75% of our wrestlers are still wrestling scared, defensive wrestling. No aggression, no heart. Colbray is an enigma, I can't even begin to understand what's going in in that head.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Scott34

Scott34 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +1,119 / 64 / -4

12. HouClone

HouClone Active Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Houston
    Ratings:
    +367 / 37 / -1
    Wonder if Colbray has personal issues going on. If so, take a break from wrestling and have him work it out and support him. If not, he needs to consider quitting the team if he is not going to bring it. No fire at all.

Coleman has been kind of in the same doghouse all year but he isn't as talented as Colbray and you can see him trying in spurts.

Loved Straw last year battling but he is not doing it this year.

Though outmatched, Duggan gave a game effort.

13. NWICY

NWICY Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Ratings:
    +8,171 / 198 / -3
    Hell don't let the door hit you on the way out. There is way more to ISU than sports. Most of us went to ISU for something other than athletics and use athletics to stay connected to the university in a social way. Do we wish they win sure, but the success of our teams are secondary (or further down) in the big scheme of life.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. mdk2isu

mdk2isu Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Male
    Not of this World
    Ratings:
    +4,062 / 147 / -10
    I love the “fans” here telling others how they should feel about this team and ISU sports in general. And that any reference towards positivity is wrong.

Life is bigger than sports. Today of all days should be a reminder of that.

Either enjoy and support the team/s or find something else to do with your time and money.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. matclone

matclone Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +3,339 / 139 / -14
    Colbray looks gaunt.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. jkbuff98

jkbuff98 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +985 / 7 / -1
    A lot of these “fans” only post here when we lose.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Sturge34

Sturge34 Member

Oct 28, 2019
    Male
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    We laid an egg for sure today but there is time to right the ship before we get to Big 12's. People do need to lighten up on the negative s***, today is a perfect example of things that are more important than collegiate sports. All you can hope is that Dresser gets through to some of the guys before the season is over. Be interesting how we wrestle on Friday against Fresno State.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Tornado man

Tornado man Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Ames, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,719 / 291 / -23
    Like what you just did?

19. CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
    Male
    Veterinariian
    Cedar Falls
    Ratings:
    +4,644 / 250 / -11
    Soft huh? Lol. You realize that despite all the fundraising etc. that we have done our budget is still quite small? You realize that building things like the “strip mall” helps recruiting which helps winning right? Football is as healthy as its been and it appears sustainable. Basketball right now sucks but a good class is coming in and I hope it has guys that will stay a couple of years. It isn’t easy being a Cyclone fan, never has been. I’m not sure you are tough enough for it.

• Like Like x 3
  20. ca4cy

ca4cy Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    North Central IA
    Ratings:
    +5,685 / 44 / -0
    I was there yesterday and probably don't have any new material to add. Mackall wrestled hard but was outgunned. Small pins his kid if there's 3 more seconds left in the 2nd period. I don't know if it was the right call to overturn the backpoints, but it sure seemed odd. In the end his got tossed by a kid that throws with nothing to lose and that, coupled with having no gas left in the 3rd, hurt. Parker...give me 10 of them, although as someone else stated, I was begging him to cut the kid and go for the major. Both of his takedowns came with relative ease and had the bigger gas tank. Liesure-outgunned. Carr-fun to watch. Straw-good 57 pounder wrestling an AA caliber 65 pounder.

Colbray is an enigma. All the talent in the world but he can't seem to put it together. I'd blame the cut to 74, but he looks the same as he has everywhere else. Coleman had some spark in he 1st period but if faded quickly. I admired Duggan's fight. He was still shooting even while getting it handed to him. Gremmel was steady and workmanlike.

Dresser's post match presser said a lot. I like that he's laying it all out there for everyone to hear. He and the staff are not blameless, but ultimately it's up to the kids to go out and perform. There's AA talent at a number of weights and everyone in the room has ~7 weeks left to figure out how to get them there.

• Like Like x 5