***Official WV postgame thread***

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
And honestly, that is fine to miss Fred. I'm just tired of dudes saying this wouldn't happen under Fred. I would guess a lot of the mess we are hearing about happened on the UAB team, we just never heard about it and their crazy comebacks covered up sloppy play.

But there were guys on reddit saying Pollard needs to fire Prohm to make sure we get Fred back. Like that is at all in the realm of possibility.

I agree. I know Fred won’t be coming back. He has a much better chance of being at Nebraska than ISU which is a legitimate possibility. This could have happened under Fred many times with the transfer experiment. We are lucky it didn’t tbh. How Royce didn’t implode in the middle of that season is a wonder of the world in my book.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Exactly I agree. I don’t blame him for taking the Bulls job either.

Anyone that blames him for taking the Bulls job is a dummy or just plain stupid. I wish he would have stayed too but he didn't want to. As this season has gone on I continue to question Prohm more and more but regardless of what he inherited and his own recruits he will now have us in the tourney 3 of 4 years. This team chemistry sucks for sure and CSP's Big 12 record isn't glamorous more and more but I'm still baffled by how some fans think its time to get rid of Prohm already.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I agree. I know Fred won’t be coming back. He has a much better chance of being at Nebraska than ISU which is a legitimate possibility. This could have happened under Fred many times with the transfer experiment. We are lucky it didn’t tbh. How Royce didn’t implode in the middle of that season is a wonder of the world in my book.

It’s really not if you think about it.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Anyone that blames him for taking the Bulls job is a dummy or just plain stupid. I wish he would have stayed too but he didn't want to. As this season has gone on I continue to question Prohm more and more but regardless of what he inherited and his own recruits he will now have us in the tourney 3 of 4 years. This team chemistry sucks for sure and CSP's Big 12 record isn't glamorous more and more but I'm still baffled by how some fans think its time to get rid of Prohm already.

I think it was stupid for Fred to take the Bulls job, but not because he left Iowa State.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Fred has a much greater chance of taking another front office job again than coaching at Nebraska. If another NBA team is willing to hire him, he will be on that.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I would say that Jay Williams and Seth Greenburg know a lot more about basketball and talent than at least 99% of the people that post on this board.
Probably, but I'll bet 99% on here have watched more Iowa St basketball than Jay or Seth. It's easy to say Iowa St has the most talent after a win against Kansas, at Tech, or after shooting 60% at KSt, but all of us had also seen the lackluster effort, and poor shooting in Hilton against KSt and TCU, and manhandled on the boards against Iowa and Baylor.

You don't get to pick and choose when you have talent. Iowa St has never been consistently good this season. They have nice pieces, but never enough to be considered a conference champion contender.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I believe Steve's wins here are more a product of some extremely talented players on his roster, rather than the players benefitting from his coaching prowess.

I do give him credit for bringing in some of those players. But he seems to struggle managing those egos, or maximize their talent. Even teams with more talent than their opponents don't always win, clearly evidenced this season. It's the coach's job to help his players work thru struggles, make adjustments and set them up for success. Not do the same damn thing game after game.

That "same damn thing" resulted in an 18-5 record and a #13 ranking. Who quit doing the same damn thing?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I can't wait to come back to this board when we somehow beat Tech on Saturday

If they beat Tech Saturday, great.

That doesn't mean anything since they haven't played well for two games straight since....Maui? Maybe the Tech/OSU week?

Won 4 in a row starting with Ole Miss but that what was what we thought was just a bit of a rough patch. That was some amazing basketball compared to the past 2 weeks.

isubb79

Jul 16, 2009
Probably, but I'll bet 99% on here have watched more Iowa St basketball than Jay or Seth. It's easy to say Iowa St has the most talent after a win against Kansas, at Tech, or after shooting 60% at KSt, but all of us had also seen the lackluster effort, and poor shooting in Hilton against KSt and TCU, and manhandled on the boards against Iowa and Baylor.

You don't get to pick and choose when you have talent. Iowa St has never been consistently good this season. They have nice pieces, but never enough to be considered a conference champion contender.
Talent and effort are 2 separate things. Jay and Seth are typically the 2 studio guys that provide analysis at half time for most of our games that are on ESPN so I think they have watched parts of most of our Big 12 games.

Help Support Us

Become a patron