**** Official Transfer List '15 ****

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I remember chris babb gave him a shout out on twitter when he was scheduled to visit. never made it to ames tho

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
Now that CW has said we are not pursuing Thomas, does anyone know if we have contacted or are interested in Goodluck Okonoboh from UNLV? Haven't been able to find any information on schools that he is interested in. He would be a nice addition for next year with his size and athleticism.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Isn't austin grandstaffs father a helicopter dad? No thanks if so.

That's just one way of putting it. I read where St. John's has contacted him. I'm sure they'll contact Goodluck too. Matt A. at his finest.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
That's just one way of putting it. I read where St. John's has contacted him. I'm sure they'll contact Goodluck too. Matt A. at his finest.

It works if you get the right ones. We proved that over the last few years. Not sure what the point in bashing the strategy that will be giving us our 5th straight tourney appearance.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Now that CW has said we are not pursuing Thomas, does anyone know if we have contacted or are interested in Goodluck Okonoboh from UNLV? Haven't been able to find any information on schools that he is interested in. He would be a nice addition for next year with his size and athleticism.

I don't know we are adding any midyear until we know for sure about Monte and Lard. If both are on campus next fall we don't have a spot and that assumes we aren't giving Ashton a scholly. Granted if the right guy falls in our lap am guessing they would and figure it out in the spring.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I don't know we are adding any midyear until we know for sure about Monte and Lard. If both are on campus next fall we don't have a spot and that assumes we aren't giving Ashton a scholly. Granted if the right guy falls in our lap am guessing they would and figure it out in the spring.

I think your math is right but I don't personally believe that we would pass on a good mid year or spring transfer post player. Lard is a huge gamble and hasn't even played for his new high school team yet.

It's quite possible that he would come in not having played basketball for a year and a half which means he would probably be behind the curve for contributing next year.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I think your math is right but I don't personally believe that we would pass on a good mid year or spring transfer post player. Lard is a huge gamble and hasn't even played for his new high school team yet.

It's quite possible that he would come in not having played basketball for a year and a half which means he would probably be behind the curve for contributing next year.
If Lard is cleared, he'll be a Cyclone. Outside of Malou he's probably got the most potential in the class.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
It works if you get the right ones. We proved that over the last few years. Not sure what the point in bashing the strategy that will be giving us our 5th straight tourney appearance.

Who was bashing the strategy? Uh, hello...... I was pointing out how Matt A. will be getting plenty of top transfers like he successfully did here. That is what I meant by 'his finest'.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

I'm guessing Ashton won't get a scholly if we can land someone better. I'm sure he's aware of how he stands in that situation too, and is ok with it. If we can't find someone better, he gets a scholly, if we do, he's still a walk on.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
I'm guessing Ashton won't get a scholly if we can land someone better. I'm sure he's aware of how he stands in that situation too, and is ok with it. If we can't find someone better, he gets a scholly, if we do, he's still a walk on.
with Ashton we are a 14 schollies though. Hence my assumption is he already doesn't have one. If we added a transfer we would be at 15. So that would mean no Ashton and either Lard or Monte won't be back. I just don't know he will oversign now. Kota the best optics. Who knows though.

josh4cyclones

Sep 25, 2012
Well I hope to god we do find someone better! Nothing against Ashton is a good player but we need just a little more talent up front to help malou n company a true post man or someone like McKay.

josh4cyclones

Sep 25, 2012
As of right now for a mid year transfer, we could give him a scholarship for the 2nd semester for the 2015-16 school year but we don't have an open scholarship for the 1st semester of the 2016-17 school year.

1.Ashton-RS/Sr 2.Monte-Sr 3.Burton-Sr 4.Thomas-Sr 5. Cooke-RS/Jr 6. Malou-Jr 7. Jackson-Jr 8. Weiler-Babb-RS/So 9. Carter-So 10. Ernst-RS/Fr 11. Lard-Fr 12. J. Long-Fr 13. Young-Fr

Granted Monte could decide to go pro.

Also we could take away Jordan Ashton's scholarship, or he could transfer as an immediately eligible grad transfer to a different school where he could be on scholarship. I see it very unlikely that he stays at Iowa State for next season if he isn't on scholarship. Just my opinion.

Probably, but hopefully we aren't going to concede highly recruited transfers going forward. We are ranked in the top 5. IMO, we shouldn't classify guys who aren't able to start at Texas A&M as unattainable.

Agreed we should be able to get these guys, there has been a foundation layed for transfers and 4 star talented kids to come to ISU! We need to keep that continuity or we won't compete much with likes of OU, KU and even TX. Just saying...

josh4cyclones

Sep 25, 2012
Don't need another SG, tired of hearing about this guy anyway.

We need more size. More size.

I must not be in the loop following FB stuff for once, when to CW say we weren't in on him? And why?

josh4cyclones

Sep 25, 2012
So just tweeted by John Rothstein:

Mississippi State's Fallou Ndoye will transfer, per Ben Howland.

3⭐️ true Center that could add depth, hoping for a 4⭐️ big man transfer espically out of SEC but he would be a good addition. No links at all to ISU just a hmm interesting type of info.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
So just tweeted by John Rothstein:

Mississippi State's Fallou Ndoye will transfer, per Ben Howland.

3⭐️ true Center that could add depth, hoping for a 4⭐️ big man transfer espically out of SEC but he would be a good addition. No links at all to ISU just a hmm interesting type of info.
0.3 ppg for Mississippi St this year? I know he's 6'10 but I'll pass.